Hamilton County/ Cincinnati Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester519

I own a Pro 96 Scanner and live on the east side of Cincinnati. I was wondering how local listeners have the Hamilton County & Cincinnati system programmed into their scanners. Hamilton County is a larger system with all of the local and municipal agencies. Both systems are included in the data base in the same area. I realize each system has different control frequencies and such. Is it easier to just lump both systems together or is there a way you can separate Cincinnati PD and FD from the county agencies. I'm just looking for input. Thanks.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
There are 2 sites, 1 city and 1 county. You want to program them separately.

You don't have to do that. Program it as a single system, just program CPD and CFD talkgroups in separate scan lists. Disable the lists you don't want to scan.

Make sure to separate the control channels for the two sites with a conventional channel (I used 851.0125 but you can use whatever strikes your fancy), and you'll be able to monitor both sites in a single bank, saving space in your scanners for other stuff.

Jester519

Ok.....I guess my question is.... if they are 2 separate systems.....why is everything listed in one list? How do you know what belongs to the city site and what belongs to the county site? Obviously you have the City Police & City Fire lists, as well as County Fire & Various County Police lists (by area). But what about the other lists? Mutual Aid/ Intersystem? What site does it belong to? How about Norwood Police and Fire? Which site do they belong to?
In other words, I could put 853.58750 (Hamilton County Control frequency) in channel one of Bank 1. Put 851.0125 (conventional) in channel 2 of Bank 1, and 851.11250 (Cincinnati control frequency) in channel 3 of bank one? Do I need to worry about alternate control frequencies for either system? How about the other frequencies for either system? Are either necessary and what purpose do they serve?
If I enter 150 talk group IDs in channel one, 150 IDs in bank 2, and 150 IDs in bank 3, does it matter if they overlap? In other words, say the I have 320 talk group IDs I want to program. Does it matter if I program 150 of them in Channel 1, another 150 in Channel 2 and the remaining 20 in Channel 3? They would all be in Bank 1, but is this correct?
Also, I'm assume that the Modes D and E means Digital & Encrypted?
I'm sorry for the amateur questions, but I know there are plenty of experienced folks here who have the answers. Thanks again.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Ok.....I guess my question is.... if they are 2 separate systems.....why is everything listed in one list? How do you know what belongs to the city site and what belongs to the county site?

There are not two separate systems, only one. There are two sites (county and city), and talkgroups can roam from one to the other. However, city talkgroups will generally stick to the City site, while county talkgroups will generally stick to the County site, but they can move back and forth if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.