Hamilton County Fire/EMS radio changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9IIT

According to the database, EMS TGs are not encrypted. I don't listen to them so I cannot tell you from experience. However, I do know that the Hamilton County Fire OPS channels in the clear.

(Sorry to hijack the thread)

Have the TG numbers changed? I have the DB from Sentinel (which comes from RR) loaded into my 436 and even when I manually tune an Ops TG after dispatch (I.e. "Engine 381 on Ops 301") I hear nothing. Not LSM distortion or anything as I hear LEO and fire dispatches clearly.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
(Sorry to hijack the thread)

Have the TG numbers changed? I have the DB from Sentinel (which comes from RR) loaded into my 436 and even when I manually tune an Ops TG after dispatch (I.e. "Engine 381 on Ops 301") I hear nothing. Not LSM distortion or anything as I hear LEO and fire dispatches clearly.

Look for the Encryption Symbol as it will show on screen for a moment at least but no audio will pass. If you see that, then we will know that the 29 Fire Ops are now E. Or if someone does an Pro96Com or Unitrunker run and can verify that way. The Cut Sheet I have shows E capable, but NOT strapped,... Starting to look like this changed recently... Maybe the guys running the Hamilton County Fire feeds will chime in?

N9IIT

So I've followed several fire/EMS dispatches from the dispatch TG over to the assigned ops TG - no indication on my 436 of ENC in use, and I did hear a Noblesville fire engine once on Fire Control, and a unit from White River Township marking enroute to station. It seems they just don't talk on the fire TGs. They don't mark enroute, on scene, back at station, etc via voice and it appears majority of the communication is done via the MDTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.