Hamilton County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coderunner

I was wondering if you could help with 2 questions pertaining to Hamilton County Ohio fire dispatch. I know that dispatching is divided between East and West, however, I see on the talk group list on RR there is also a central dispatch and a valley dispatch????? I read one of the older forum posts where it was mentioned that Central and Valley were a thing many years ago. Are these even legit and worth entering into my new BCD325P2 scanner or should I just stick to entering East and West? I still listen on my analog scanner and it seems that stations either are East or West. Secondly, I know the City of Norwood which of course is part of Hamilton County, is also on the p25 system, however, when I pull RR database into the ARC-XT program, Norwood still falls under analog. I clearly see the talk group under the MARCS page, but how do I program them?

keary

Premium Subscriber
Norwood Fire operates on their assigned MARCS talkgroups which are current in the RR database. I would not bother with the analog channels.

Coderunner

Norwood Fire operates on their assigned MARCS talkgroups which are current in the RR database. I would not bother with the analog channels.
I just want to confirm that Norwood would fall under the primary or alternate control channels for Hamilton County and that they don't have one of their own.

keary

Premium Subscriber
I just want to confirm that Norwood would fall under the primary or alternate control channels for Hamilton County and that they don't have one of their own.

Both Norwood Fire and Police utilize talkgroups on the Hamilton County MARCS system. All you need to do is program their talkgroups under the Hamilton County control channel and you should be good to go. There is no control channel assigned exclusively to Norwood.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Both Norwood Fire and Police utilize talkgroups on the Hamilton County MARCS system. All you need to do is program their talkgroups under the Hamilton County control channel and you should be good to go. There is no control channel assigned exclusively to Norwood.
Norwood is part of the CINCINNATI city site, hence the 55xxx talk group ID's, Hamilton County ID's are in the 21xxx range. They can be heard on the Hamilton County site IF a radio is affiliated to that site.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Norwood is part of the CINCINNATI city site, hence the 55xxx talk group ID's, Hamilton County ID's are in the 21xxx range. They can be heard on the Hamilton County site IF a radio is affiliated to that site.
How would someone less knowledgeable like myself be able to find that info, short of asking for it? I would not have thought to even think that way.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
How would someone less knowledgeable like myself be able to find that info, short of asking for it? I would not have thought to even think that way.
Most statewide radio systems (not all) assign blocks of TGID's (usually +/-500) to each county/large city so if you look at what county/city is using what block you can figure it out. If the region only has a 'county' site the TG's would likely be on the 'county' site, if they have a 'city' site they would likely be on the 'city' site.

Radio Reference will allow you to display the system by TGID https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643&opt=all_tg#tgs so you can see how the blocks for MARCS are setup.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Most statewide radio systems (not all) assign blocks of TGID's (usually +/-500) to each county/large city so if you look at what county/city is using what block you can figure it out. If the region only has a 'county' site the TG's would likely be on the 'county' site, if they have a 'city' site they would likely be on the 'city' site.

Radio Reference will allow you to display the system by TGID https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643&opt=all_tg#tgs so you can see how the blocks for MARCS are setup.

That information (general talkgroup ID and radio ID assignment blocks) is also in the MARCS-IP wiki.

NikonFE2

I was wondering if you could help with 2 questions pertaining to Hamilton County Ohio fire dispatch. I know that dispatching is divided between East and West, however, I see on the talk group list on RR there is also a central dispatch and a valley dispatch????? I read one of the older forum posts where it was mentioned that Central and Valley were a thing many years ago. Are these even legit and worth entering into my new BCD325P2 scanner or should I just stick to entering East and West? I still listen on my analog scanner and it seems that stations either are East or West. Secondly, I know the City of Norwood which of course is part of Hamilton County, is also on the p25 system, however, when I pull RR database into the ARC-XT program, Norwood still falls under analog. I clearly see the talk group under the MARCS page, but how do I program them?
In MARCS Norwood is listed under Norwood, not Cincinnati or Hamilton Co. There are a couple of Norwood analog frequencies but I don't know how often they are used if at all. They may be a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.