Hamilton County, Indiana RID List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Does anyone have confirmed Radio ID lists for Hamilton County system?

Primarily interested in the fire apparatus, but will take anything provided.

PM's are fine.

Thanks

bamx2

They aren't. In fact they are moving to their own moto system in the next year or two.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I have not compiled an RID listing on the EDACS system as I didn't have a tap running to feed Unitrunker. Now its pointless since within a year they are supposed to have an 8/9 site ASTRO-25 system up and running. Once there is an CC running for that P25 I will have Pro96Com on it as much as possible. I am so looking forward to logging the birth/transition. Also keen on nabbing the ISSI/CSSI TG's for the Marion/Hamilton interops.

aaron315

Hamilton County Visits Motorola

Had this little tidbit show up in my inbox today.

A couple of pretty cool shots of a facility many will never see.

INDY72

Yeah, the Schaumburg Staging Floor is awesome! Interesting to see they are already doing prelim staging and do not even have any licensing for the P25 yet, not even an STA as far as I can tell. Hope they don't rush this too fast and end up with massive delays to "re test, re wire, and re do" a bunch of stuff.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I have not compiled an RID listing on the EDACS system as I didn't have a tap running to feed Unitrunker. Now its pointless since within a year they are supposed to have an 8/9 site ASTRO-25 system up and running. Once there is an CC running for that P25 I will have Pro96Com on it as much as possible. I am so looking forward to logging the birth/transition. Also keen on nabbing the ISSI/CSSI TG's for the Marion/Hamilton interops.

On the contrary, it may be VERY USEFUL to compile the RID listing now...

When Owensboro, Kentucky recently switched over from EDACS to P25 Phase I, they kept the exact same Radio IDs from EDACS to P25. I'm not talking "unit numbers" but the actual RID's on the radio system. I'm guessing this is easier on integrating dispatch software, consoles, and paperwork...

Also, if Hamilton County uses the typical EDACS-to-P25 switch "standard conversion", look for them to use the same DECIMAL talkgroups from the EDACS system on the new P-25 system.

Interesting times none-the-less in the Hoosier state...

A

Agentblack

Does anyone have confirmed Radio ID lists for Hamilton County system?

Primarily interested in the fire apparatus, but will take anything provided.

PM's are fine.

Thanks

This would be kind of pointless seeing how many of the RIDs dont actually match the unit calling. Example a patrol car may show up as 1234 on your list, and you show that it should be unit 301, however often times 301 may not actually be using that car and youll hear unit 312 instead.

Its best to just listen for the unit calling rather than trying to match id's up to units.

INDY72

The main idea with the RID's is not matching exact units up, its matching agencies when the transition occurs etc. At least for me. Trying to match Units with RID's if Fire/EMS has never worked out great for me cause changes are so fast its funny. And with HT's a lot of the times they get changed out/shared.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
They have been for the last few months making a NEW TG radio template for each user groups say for Carmel Fishers and so on and how many TG ids they need and what each user group wants for example Fishers will be leasing there radios over the next couple of years and payments made from bonds and E911 funds so they may want more or less TG ids than lets say Carmel they may want the school systems to come on board to like Carmel schools some may want other users off the system or not have the funds for all the needed radios each town or city will decide on what TG they need as far as Radio ID's that will need to be looked up at time of system start up as far as scanner listeners to match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.