Hamilton County, Indiana...The Ranch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyRick

Hi, all, over the week or two, I've heard a few Carmel and HCPD units dispatched to "The Ranch"....anyone know what that is?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
LOL.. thats in Texas isn't it? Not sure exactly which ranch they would be refferring to... Sure does have the Bonanza Theme playing in my head though... Will ask around while I am in Arcadia this weekend. :lol:

K9WG

OK - Back to the OP's question.

Does Hamilton County/Carmel have a mounted patrol? Maybe "The Ranch" is where they keep the horses and or train.

W9NES

Funny that you mention that. After asking a friend of mine with Hamilton County Communications he had no idea as to what the ranch was.Google is your friend. All you have to do is a search and you will find a lot of things that you need to know.*It is not what you know but how you use the infomation*

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
LOL after hearing the context of the convos I'm thinking its the PD or the "home 20":twisted: lol.... As in heading back to the ranch?

W9NES

LOL, There are no Ranches in Carmel/Hamilton County Indiana.If there was such a thing again Google would have told us that.Next Time remember ***Google is your friend*** you just have to know how to use it.***It is not who you know but how you get the infomation and use it***

IndyRick

OK, now I'm more confused than ever. I heard another this afternoon....signal 8 with subject at the ranch. I wonder if it could possibly be the department garage/repair shop?

djl998

LOL, There are no Ranches in Carmel/Hamilton County Indiana.If there was such a thing again Google would have told us that.Next Time remember ***Google is your friend*** you just have to know how to use it.***It is not who you know but how you get the infomation and use it***

OK, I'll ask you again. If, as you suggest, Google can tell me what the Ranch is in this context, how do I get it to do so? Are you going to elaborate, or just continue to post that condescending "Google is your friend" line over and over, even though it has no application to the OP's question?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
There are ranches... Just not called by that moniker.. Usually the owner of the property just calls it what all midwesterners and southerners call it.. FARM! LOL! Anyway, my two friends with HCSO were too darn busy to even have a five minute talk last wknd when I was at my fiance's, so sorry can't help on this end. So back to the bridge! :)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Not to mention GOOGLE isn't God and therefore has no clue about everything. Can Google tell you what the exact number of hairs on everyone's head is? And remember to google this: GOOGLE ADDICTION.....

K9WG

The "ranch" revisited...

Heard a Hancock Sheriff say he was 10-41 at the "ranch". I had the opportunity to ask a LEO this morning what the heck the "ranch" was. He said it was the RANGE. So either the officers can't pronounce range correctly or they have adopted "ranch" as a psudonym for range.

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
Heh, honestly never thought this thread would get revived. Thanks for the info, K9WG.

W9NES

There are ranches and ranges in Texas.(a range is 1. a line or a row 2. to wander 3.to extend 4.to very between certain limits 5.a variety 6.the distance over which a object can be sent or thrown, sound-carried,heard,etc.7. a piece of ground for firing ,practice 8. an enclosed kitchen fireplace for cooking and baking)

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
2. Trolling
"The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue."

Status
Not open for further replies.