Hamilton County Investigations 3 being used by CERT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Caught a lot of traffic on HCLE INV 3 regarding CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) getting things ready for what I assume to be the Good Samaritan/Gleaners Food Distribution event listed on the Fairground calendar. Several mentions of the Llama Barn so it was definitely the Fairgrounds

Is this the normal Fairground TG or was it maybe a one-time thing? Interesting that it comes up as Investigations.

29048 7178 DHCLE INV 3Investigations 3

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I’ve been out of this for a while. Is the CERT group a replacement for RACES? Don’t hear a lot of ham activity in Hamilton County anymore. I think I read somewhere the repeaters we used to use are off the air.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
CERT is not a replacement for RACES.

CERT could be doing almost anything in a disaster. Radio is only a tool that they sometimes use.

RACES is communications support for governmental agencies.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the updates! I haven’t checked in a net for a long time. Used to be active in HCARES & RACES. Will be sure to check it out.

moto25usr

Premium Subscriber
This is not surprising. There are numerous unused talkgroups on the system. Prior to my departure, I was refarming several of them for other purposes. Besides, it's good system management practices to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.