Hamilton EMS and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrishyR

Can someone please tell me if the Hamilton EMS,and Fire will ever be back online??

I use to listen to it on my ipod every night before bed, now its gone :(

I read somewhere that there might be legal issues, but look how many cities there are available.
Can someone else not "host" it, sorry I am new to this stuff.

Thanks in advance

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Instead of asking someone else to provide you with something you could buy a scanner and hear it yourself. Just a suggestion.

Sndwav

Which one

And which scanner would you suggest to pull up the Hamilton fire and ems service

unlisted

Hamilton Fire is going encrypted shortly as well.. (along with police) just a FYI.

No, I don't have a exact date, but it is going to happen.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Politics in Hamilton moves slowly(remember the stadium question?). Don't Not buy a scanner because they are going to switch. Any trunk tracking scanner will still allow you to follow EMS. The OPP are still scannable with a digital scanner.

TrishyR

I have no idea what you peeps are talking about lol
Does it mean I will never be able to hear the scanner on my ipod ever again?

rc1990

Plain and Simple : Scanners cannot listen to Encryption/encrypted transmission. Hamilton and Police will use encryption with their radio whichscanner hobbiest won't be able to listen. But they havent switch yet so they are still monitorable. When/if they switch to encryption, you will still be able to monitor Ambulance and provincial police with a digital truncktraker scanner (it's a kind of scanner).

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Yes I totally agree but thats another thread im sure we could get 1000 replies to.

To the original poster...
Purchase a actual scanner that does Hamilton Police Fire and EMS... fire and police and ems are still in the clear analog. Who knows when they will switch.

Don't you guys just love what online feeds have done for the scanning community

markab

Of course it goes without saying that purchasing a scanner to monitor Hamilton will do no good for TrishyR if that person lives in India... I often wonder why people here are reluctant to post their location in their profile? It would often make it easier for people to assist them.

Mark

VE3RADIO

Of course it goes without saying that purchasing a scanner to monitor Hamilton will do no good for TrishyR if that person lives in India... I often wonder why people here are reluctant to post their location in their profile? It would often make it easier for people to assist them.

Mark

Perhaps you could fly there and teach her how to add the talkgroups to her iPhone.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
From one novice to another

If you are unsure what us "Peeps" are talking about might I suggest you go to the Wiki Glossary and learn just some basic terminology. This not only help you but also the many people who will assist you with a question.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If you are unsure what us "Peeps" are talking about might I suggest you go to the Wiki Glossary and learn just some basic terminology. This not only help you but also the many people who will assist you with a question.

Jeremy, it isnt worth it.
I love this site but....

BTW- I will try to call you tomorrow (Fri) maybe you will be home

Blitzblack

Hamilton Feeds

No one has answered the original post, all that has been said was to go buy a scanner, or not to buy a scanner because of this or that reason. Then it was suggested that she lives in India so a scanner would not help her, and to get any help she must have her location listed.
This is truly sad, that someone who has become interested in the joys scanner feeds gets treated this way.
So can someone please answer these simple questions;
1. What happened to the Hamilton Police and EMS feed?
2. Is it going to coming back?
3. Is there anyway of hearing this feed WITHOUT buying a scanner?

Thank you and happy scanning as long as we are still able, that is until big brother takes away one more of our freedoms.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

Please keep in mind that the feed provider is an individual living in the Hamilton area. Radioreference only hosts the feed.

For questions 1 and 2, only the feed provider can answer.

If the feed is still listed, you could try using the Report Problem or Contact Feed Provider links. If the feed is anonymous, then I'm not sure the Contact link will be there.

I'm assuming that since the Feed Provider has not answered in this thread, they have no intention of bringing the feed back or they wish to remain anonymous.

Basically all you can do is wait.

As for question 3, the answer is no.

You'll always require some sort of radio to listen. Either you buy that radio yourself or somebody else buys it and provides a feed.

Blitzblack

Thank you.
Could the feed provider been scared off, with threats or in other ways.
Or did he/she just got tired of feeding.
Is someone else going to pickup where he/she left off?

If I could afford the equipment I'd do the feeding, but currently to short of funds.

Here's hoping that the Hamilton feed returns.
and again thanks

VE3RADIO

No one has answered the original post, all that has been said was to go buy a scanner, or not to buy a scanner because of this or that reason. Then it was suggested that she lives in India so a scanner would not help her, and to get any help she must have her location listed.
This is truly sad, that someone who has become interested in the joys scanner feeds gets treated this way.
So can someone please answer these simple questions;

Thank you and happy scanning as long as we are still able, that is until big brother takes away one more of our freedoms.

Great first post.... because that is not obvious at all.

pathalogical

Thank you.
Could the feed provider been scared off, with threats or in other ways.
Or did he/she just got tired of feeding.
Is someone else going to pickup where he/she left off?

If I could afford the equipment I'd do the feeding, but currently to short of funds.

Here's hoping that the Hamilton feed returns.
and again thanks
It is very possible the feed provider may have been scared off, it has been done in the past to other feeders. I don't think providing a feed is tiring work, basically you set up your scanner and computer and leave them on 24 hours a day. Perhaps the feeder may have sold his/her radio for needed funds. Leaving equipment on 24/7 isn't cheap; electricity isn't free. No one is obligated to provide a feed or to pick up where he/she left off, providing a feed is purely voluntary.

It has often been suggested to many new members here that buying their own scanner really is the best way to go. You are in control of what you want to listen to.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
May I suggest that any questions that have to do with feeds be moved to whatever forum (if there is one) that is used for audio feeds?

There isnt anything that any member here with a scanner can do for anyone who is asking about feeds.

Please do not take offense to this and please do not erase my question as it is only a suggestion and it might make sense.

Thank You

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.