Hamilton Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormedic

Well, that plain sucks.. but that's what I figured. Funny how they tweet out almost everything, yet there communications are encrypted.

Most have been done if police went the same way. I understand police doing it for the safety of its officers, but not other agencies.....

Oh well.

gary123

This is a common issue. The generic answer issued is "it's to maintain the public's privacy. Sadly, this topic has been discussed ad-nauseum. Services that are encrypted, will remain so. We all hope than the few non encrypted services don't go that way.

Don't lose hope even in encrypted areas if your diligent and creative you can still gain a lot of info on whats going on. This is a another reason so much effort is put into other services like OnQ, FleetConnect and private freqs. These users often speak of accidents, fires and "there were a hole pile of cops taking some guy away from the mall".

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Well, that plain sucks.. but that's what I figured. Funny how they tweet out almost everything, yet there communications are encrypted.

Most have been done if police went the same way. I understand police doing it for the safety of its officers, but not other agencies.....

Oh well.
Your lucky that the OPP police your area. Also you have constant comms on London Tac 2 regarding the situation in Caledonia.
You also have constant patches covering Norfolk, Brant, Oxford off your local towers.

I think that you will be able to hear some of the Burlington /Niagara patch off Brantford, Fonthill and Cayuga. Plenty of action there..

If you have good antennas, maybe towers like Simcoe also carry Middlesex or Elgin.

EMS is always busy.

tormedic

I am lucky. I am running a discone 35 feet above the roof of the house. I am able to get Niagara, Hamilton MOH easy, I can also get all the Halton Region Fire Departments and my services in the area. Having worked EMS/Fire, I prefer to listen to Fire unless there is a larger joint incident.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hamilton, Niagara, Brant, Haldimand

Can you get the Fonthill tower? The Charlton tower,?

You will receive Halton and occasionally Peel Region EMS.

With Hamilton's twitter feed its the best you can do.

What about Niagara region. They're system is busy all the time. I get it here in Hamilton.

The Niagara Co USA system is also busy.

ATCTech

mciupa's point is the topic of the thread is Hamilton Fire, not Fleetnet reception of EMS, the dreaded "E" word, utter speculation of the replacement timeline of Fleetnet or any combination there-of. There are countless threads open on those topics already. Can it be any clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.