Hamilton Fire Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
mciupa's point is the topic of the thread is Hamilton Fire, not Fleetnet reception of EMS, the dreaded "E" word, utter speculation of the replacement timeline of Fleetnet or any combination there-of. There are countless threads open on those topics already. Can it be any clearer?
We've seen time after time that projected times and actual times are far off.

I saw that it took around 4 Years for Mississauga CACC, Hamilton CACC, to go onto Fleetnet. In July 2006 London CACC North service was still using their conventional repeater.

It takes time.

I worked for a company and my boss was a big wig at either Motorola or Bell, he was a bit of a jerk and I don't believe it when he said he designed Fleetnet, lol. But he did say that there are always circumstances to make expected times and realistic actual start times.

Enjoy scanning whatcha got. And if u want help here to do so ask away.

cxgy2

If you can decode POCSAG (paging protocol), Hamilton Fire sends out text pages using their old VHF freq 154.25 MHz. Better than nothing. Here's an example :

Event: STRUCT-FIRE Career Loc: 105 VICTORIA ST DU X-1: PRINCESS ST X-2:
PRIVATE RD Map: 140C TAC: TAC3 Disp: CAR 73,CAR 74,DC_NOTIFY,ENGINE
1,ENGINE 11,ENGINE 23,LADDER 10,PC_NOTIFY,PLATOON 1,PUMP 1

Brampton & Mississauga FD's also do this. Theirs are on 156.15 MHz.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If you can decode POCSAG (paging protocol), Hamilton Fire sends out text pages using their old VHF freq 154.25 MHz. Better than nothing. Here's an example :

Event: STRUCT-FIRE Career Loc: 105 VICTORIA ST DU X-1: PRINCESS ST X-2:
PRIVATE RD Map: 140C TAC: TAC3 Disp: CAR 73,CAR 74,DC_NOTIFY,ENGINE
1,ENGINE 11,ENGINE 23,LADDER 10,PC_NOTIFY,PLATOON 1,PUMP 1

Brampton & Mississauga FD's also do this. Theirs are on 156.15 MHz.

Even easier to go to Hamilton fire twitter and it says the same thing.

A friend of mine lives in a shelter in Hamilton and she knows I have a scanner.
The alarm goes off this evening, she calls me, she isn't up on scanners. When a friend in a shelter heard a loud alarm go off she called and asked if Hamilton Fire tweets calls. Told her they did and she was able to tell some of the other women there that the fire department was on their way.

Turned out to be an alarm pulled. Better than nothing but at least we have this.

I live downtown and can tell the distinctive sirens from station 1 and 11, both different.

Status
Not open for further replies.