Hamilton P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus1963

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I have had the Hamilton P25 running on unitrunker most of the morning. Lots of activity on TG536, 506 and 505.
Garbled speech which I assume means that it is encrypted. I did not think encrypted comms would pass through the PSR500. Unitrunker showing bandwidth of 6.25 TDMA with C4FM modulation.

Cheers, Andy

VE3RADIO

Hi all,
I have had the Hamilton P25 running on unitrunker most of the morning. Lots of activity on TG536, 506 and 505.
Garbled speech which I assume means that it is encrypted. I did not think encrypted comms would pass through the PSR500. Unitrunker showing bandwidth of 6.25 TDMA with C4FM modulation.

Cheers, Andy

Please submit to database

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Unitrunker will show if the groups are encrypted (only while they are active though). Look in the SVC column when the TG is active (although I can't recall of the top of my head what it shows for an encrypted transmission).

DaveH

Unitrunker will show if the groups are encrypted (only while they are active though). Look in the SVC column when the TG is active (although I can't recall of the top of my head what it shows for an encrypted transmission).

I notice Pro96Com also does this, while TG is active. Of course with the PSR500/600
you will hear it also, though not intelligible.

Dave

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the new talkgroups listed here.

My job in Toronto is up very soon, I expect to have some down time and I will be able to monitor this new system. Hope its not all Enc but we will see.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
For what it's worth, I ran some Unitrunker, HP1, and PRO96COM monitoring today after landing at YHM (I'm in the area for the weekend). Analysis of the dump files indicate that the system is a Motorola system, and is putting out X2-TDMA specific identifiers - though it appears to be configured only in FDMA mode. It's not yet clear to me if all Motorola systems broadcast X2 specific identifiers (opcode 0D) even if they're only running FDMA mode. Also a tremendous amount of private (as opposed to group) data being moved.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Appears that all Mot systems send X2 idens even if configured FDMA. Halton and Toronto also behave this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.