Hamilton Spectator Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
There was an article in the Saturday Spec about Hamilton Police vehicles, the cost, the milage, comparing buying fixing process' with other departments.
One of the things mentioned that cars get sent around from district to district. I.E. Car 236 I believe (Paper already recycled) is right now working iout of the east station but Hamiltons policy is to move cars around to other districts to reduce wear & tear milage.

Interesting article, now I guess there is no reason to match car #'s with calls 'cause they move them all the time.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Their regular operations are in the clear. Encrypted stuff is major crime, surveillance, that kind of thing.

mbstone99

Hamilton PS

EJB said:
There was an article in the Saturday Spec about Hamilton Police vehicles, the cost, the milage, comparing buying fixing process' with other departments.
One of the things mentioned that cars get sent around from district to district. I.E. Car 236 I believe (Paper already recycled) is right now working iout of the east station but Hamiltons policy is to move cars around to other districts to reduce wear & tear milage.

Interesting article, now I guess there is no reason to match car #'s with calls 'cause they move them all the time.

I saw that article too.. looks like from the article one of the cars had some type of work done on it almost if not more at least 2 times a month.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.