Hammonton Rescue Squad and Atlantic county

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Is the hammonton rescue squad no more? Whenever I am in hammonton I only see atlanticcare ambulances. And whenever there is a BLS call in hammonton it is dispatched on the 800 system Medcom channel as squad 31. But this squad 31 responds on the vhf channel. Can somebody explain how this works now?

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
The Hammonton RS is no more. AtlantiCare has been contracted with Hammonton, Mullica, EHC, Linwood & Northfield.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Ahh that is what I thought. Ok so do we have a list of the Atlantic Care squads and their response areas? And while I'm at it I sometimes hear the dispatch side of Medcom, when dispatch is addressing the medic units. But the responding unit cannot be heard.

Devilz311

All of Medcom's operations have been switched back to EMS1/800 as the MotoTRBO system is down.

All Dispatches are simulcasted on EMS 1 & MEDCOM 1 on the EDACS system.

And while I'm at it I sometimes hear the dispatch side of Medcom, when dispatch is addressing the medic units. But the responding unit cannot be heard.

You can hear the Dispatch on EMS 1 because it's way more powerful than the portable or mobile radios of the responding units. You're probably just out of the range of the mobiles.

As far as the BLS units go:
Squad 30: Designated Northfield BLS 24/7
Squad 31: Hammonton 24/7
Squad 32: Hammonton 8a-4p
Squad 33: Egg Harbor City M-F 9-5
Squad 34: Linwood 10-6
Squad 35: Linwood 12-8
Squad 36: Linwood 2-10
Squad 37: EHT 1p-1a
Squad 38: Linwood 10p-10a
Squad 39: Mullica 24/7
Squad 40: Collings Lakes

Any of these BLS units can be pulled to do non-emergent transports at any time, with the exception of Squad 30.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. This does however raise some new questions. How long will the atlantic care mototrbo system be down? Is it monitorable? And if so, how come I don't see it listen in the RR database?

Devilz311

Thanks for the info. This does however raise some new questions. How long will the atlantic care mototrbo system be down? Is it monitorable? And if so, how come I don't see it listen in the RR database?

No idea how long it will be down for. The only way it can be monitored is with a MotoTRBO radio with the correct settings (correct color code, etc...) or a digital scanner and some sort of decoding software (i'm not familiar with this at all).

It's probably not listed in the database because nobody has access to it.
FCC License listing This is the link to the FCC database listing. The different repeater locations are listed.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. Now I have another question. Today there was an accident on the Garden State Parkway mile 46.4. It was dispatched as Galloway twp. An ambulance from station 26-7 was dispatched to the scene on the county 800 system. Ambulance command reported a vehicle overturned with a patient trapped inside and requested extrication equipment. So I expected the galloway fire department to be dispatched over their channel on the 800. They were not dispatched, however they were dispatched to another assignment in the township at that moment. So what gives? Does galloway ems do extricqtion in the townahip, and no fire department is dispatched?

Devilz311

Thanks for the information. Now I have another question. Today there was an accident on the Garden State Parkway mile 46.4. It was dispatched as Galloway twp. An ambulance from station 26-7 was dispatched to the scene on the county 800 system. Ambulance command reported a vehicle overturned with a patient trapped inside and requested extrication equipment. So I expected the galloway fire department to be dispatched over their channel on the 800. They were not dispatched, however they were dispatched to another assignment in the township at that moment. So what gives? Does galloway ems do extricqtion in the townahip, and no fire department is dispatched?

I'm not sure what happened there. I know Galloway EMS does not do their own extrication. Usually the dispatches are simulcasted over 26 Fire 1 and Atlantic County Fire 1. All radio ops are on 26 Fire 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.