Hampton Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and area. I've been scanning for about 18 years though. Started out with an Realistic Pro-23 when I was 7yrs old. Then upgraded to a BC60XLT, then a PRO-96 about 4 years ago. After being away from scanning for about a year and a half I decided I was just missing all the action. So I asked Santa (wife) for a BCD396XLT for Christmas. I was just wanting to besure this will be a great choice for the hampton roads area. I went ahead and downloaded free scan and have about 11 systems setup, including STARS. If anyone has any advice im all ears. I've done as much research as I can on the 396XT from radio reference but there is always more info from the everyday user. Thanks in advance and I can't wait for Christmas morning to get here.

Garrett

Attachments

• Scanner-5.jpg
    Scanner-5.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,500
  • BC60XLT-1.jpg
    BC60XLT-1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 408
  • pro96.jpg
    pro96.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 365

bep

Premium Subscriber
I to had that model. I started with the desk top Patrolman Pro 2 (I think that was the name). I knew as soon as the portable came out I had to have one.

SCPD

QRT
GROCK.... Everything that I like to listen to (Norfolk,Va Beach) are still analog so I am happy with my 346XT. I can tell you that all the talkgroups in the Norfolk database are good. I have heard traffic on all the Police except 64072 I think. I also listen to State Police Chesapeake 2 159.135 (127.3), but for the last week it has come in bad like they are on a different repeater. At the end of every transmission there is a BEEP (Dispatch & Units). Might have to ask Santa for a digital scanner insted of the Blue Ray DVD Player. I might just stick with the player. Dont want to get the scanner just to hear one State Police channel. Two weeks ago I made a trip to Orange for a class and heard traffic on all the coventional State Police Channel's except for Richmond 158.985.

Mark

robertsanta73

Premium Subscriber
dale city/ woodbridge

Anyone out there knows where was the structure fire las night around 11 pm? I heard they didnt needed the red cross. Im tring to start a new thread and I'm having a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.