HamTest Online is Going out of Business

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I just got this notification via email:

This is John, W1AI, the creator, owner, software developer, and coursemaster of HamTestOnline.

I launched the HamTestOnline website in August 2002, and I’ve spent the last 20 years helping tens of thousands of students pass the ham radio exams. While it's been a tremendous amount of work, it’s also been the most fun and personally rewarding portion of my career. However, I’m turning 68 this year, and I’m ready to retire.

Therefore (unless I find a serious buyer), we will be shutting down the website effective June 30, 2023.

I truly appreciate all the support and encouragement we've received from our loyal customers through the years!

Via: Sparky Examiner - Going out of Business

Wishing John, W1AI a long and pleasant retirement.

73!

n5ims

Ham Study .org (HamStudy.org: Cutting edge amateur radio study tools) is still around and is also a good resource for those studying and taking their ham test. Their system is currently used by groups doing both online and in person testing to automate the testing process so larger groups can be processed quickly and accurately.

They will have a similar system for folks studying and testing for the FCC Commercial licenses such as the GROL.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
It's sad to see someone like this leave the hobby. Twenty years of getting people ready for the exams and work their way up is a long time and his sacrifice and dedication deserves a lot more recognition.

Bravo Zulu, John! You've earned the absolute right to a comfy deck chair and a large bottle of rum after piloting so many to success.

tim273

Feed Provider
I was able to pass all three with flying colors (at different times) with that website, sad to see it go.