Hancock County radio system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
also new cumberland ems went to a uhf system, they broke off of the 155.235 used by weirton area ems a long time ago from what i'm told, anbody got any info on new cumberland ems frequencies???

Firedrum posted very useful information on the frequencies used by NC Ambulance. They have talkgroups on two trunked LTR systems in Hancock Co. He posted the frequency information in this thread.

The RRDB has been updated to reflect what information is known about the two LTR systems, and there is also a Wiki entry that contains some extra information (heard talkgroups, etc).

Hancock County Wiki Article
Lauttamus LTR (Chester)
Lauttamus LTR (Weirton)

Mike

colliers_628

the 454.175 i think the one guy forget who said it worked conv 99%, that one i actually pluggd in and got a good hit on weirton heights, but i am downtown between two moutains so im screwed listening at home the power on that freq is not at all powerful

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
the 454.175 i think the one guy forget who said it worked conv 99%, that one i actually pluggd in and got a good hit on weirton heights, but i am downtown between two moutains so im screwed listening at home the power on that freq is not at all powerful

Yeah, in about a month of random listening, the only one I've heard on 454.175 is NC Amb. On 454.050 they got taxis and something else . I wonder where the transmitter is in Chester area if you can't get it downtown. I figured if it were up on the hill somewhere you would hear it. Then again, I'm over in Toronto up on the hill and wtih an outside antenna I don't get full signal on it.

The Weirton stuff is really strong for me, but there isn't much activity on it - although i've only monitored it a short while. Up until today the only freq on the Weirton system i've listened to was 454.45 and its very strong. I've heard NC Ambulance on both 454.175 (chesterr) and 454.450 (weirton). I've also heard one or two trash haulers or something like that on the weirton one.

Mike

firedrum

I am not sure where the repeaters are all located, and i know that many of the freqs we do not use often at all...but the freqs i posted are all pulled off of one of our HT's so i'm sure eventually you may hear something lol

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am not sure where the repeaters are all located, and i know that many of the freqs we do not use often at all...but the freqs i posted are all pulled off of one of our HT's so i'm sure eventually you may hear something lol

Again I thank you for contributing very useful info. It's listed in the RadioReference database now, and I actively monitor both systems myself during the day.

Thanks!

mike

firedrum

Again I thank you for contributing very useful info. It's listed in the RadioReference database now, and I actively monitor both systems myself during the day.

Thanks!

mike

No problem Mike, but FYI...don't get too used to hearin us on those channels because we are in the process of searching for a whole new radio system. The system we have now is just not working out for us. As I said I'm not sure where the repeaters are....when we first bought into the trunked system it worked wonderfully, then Al decided to move his repeaters and it totally messed up the radios. Now we cannot sit in our ambulance in our New Cumberland garage and talk upstairs to our dispatcher. But New Cumberland has been known to be a "black hole" for radio traffic. After about 5 years we are finally about to go out on our own and purchase our own (vhf/uhf not sure yet) repeaters. Not trunked. But when our new system gets up and running I will swipe the freqs off of the radios and post them. Expect this change prob within the next year or so.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I didn't realize Al's LTR trunked systems over there had been active for so long (five years). Hmm.

I did notice from here that I thought they were pretty weak, at least the chester one. He probably has to avoid using any sort of high power on them because those frequencies could be in use not too far away from here (Pittsburgh / Canton).

When you guys move to a new radio system we'll be interested in hearing the speciifcs. Hopefully it'll be something still easily monitored (repeater).

Mike

firedrum

When we get a new system we are suppose to go back to a regular radio system...no trunking!!! which is awesome because i have a modded amateur radio i can use at work. Not sure what freq band we will be in whether vhf/uhf it will be one of the two....i believe we are leaning more towards the uhf spectrum right now. But i post more info as i learn it

firedrum
KD8IHC

MOTOROLANUT

personal owned equipment

Thats a huge complaint a few years back in Harrison county. The VFD members which FAR out shadow the FT paid firefighters could not use thier personally only radios on the new WVIRP system.

Status
Not open for further replies.