Hancock county SAFE-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGTEXT

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else noticing any problems in Hancock county lately? I heard the dispatched telling Greenfield units that their radios would be going into site trunking the other day. Ever since then I have been getting a lot of garbled transmissions. The dispatchers/officers seem to be complaining about it a lot too. It seems to only be garbled on county and Greenfield units. State police always comes in clear.

W9NES

Dist 52 ISP along with Dist 51 on the Indianapolis Tower are also garbled.Hendricks Co and Boone Co have also been having the same garbled problems.Dispatchers are always asking the officers to repeat their radio traffic becuase their transmission was garbled.

BIGTEXT

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I wonder if something is wrong with the zone controller.

W9NES

All the other counties I monitor which include Montgomery, Shelby, Hancock, and Johnson are also the same way.Officers portables are garbled along with dispatch.

BIGTEXT

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm glad to see it's not just me. I was worried my scanner was junk. On the other hand I do not like that our first responders are out there having to deal with this. Someone could easily get killed because no one can copy their transmission. I sure hope they are working on it.

ptolbert

Premium Subscriber
Any chance this is due to the changes surrounding the Super Bowl? My understanding is bandwidth is beng limited to create Super Bowl TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.