Hancock County Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
I was speaking to an off duty Hancock SO Deputy yesterday and got some information.

Currently there are ZERO Hancock Fire units on MARCS.

McComb PD will be upgraded to MARCS and will be on MARCS before any
Fire DPs get converted.(This is because they're dispatched by the SO)

Also Radio Hospital (the one's contracted to do the radio installs) is taking there sweet ass time. Basically 1 man, 1 car, per day. The County had to jump on them to get the rest of the SO upgraded.

He really didn't know to many more details other than that.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I was speaking to an off duty Hancock SO Deputy yesterday and got some information.

That's funny considering I have heard the county fire on MARCS weeks ago.

wbowery

Premium Subscriber
Might be rebroadcasting VHF fire traffic on MARCS. Putnam County FDs are heard on MARCS and their old VHF freqs (at least as of a couple of weeks ago.)

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
That's funny considering I have heard the county fire on MARCS weeks ago.

wbowery said:
Might be rebroadcasting VHF fire traffic on MARCS. Putnam County FDs are heard on MARCS and their old VHF freqs (at least as of a couple of weeks ago.)

Yep, they are simulcasting their VHF Freq on MARCS. And you will continue to as they they'll still need VHF for their Pagers.

nas14

just got my psr-500 a couple days ago ,had scanner master program it for hancock co, works great but can't seem to get any osp traffic and I have the district hq here in findlay,anybody have any ideas?

onex135

Feed Provider
Update on install timing...

McComb PD will be upgraded to MARCS and will be on MARCS before any
Fire DPs get converted.(This is because they're dispatched by the SO)

Also Radio Hospital (the one's contracted to do the radio installs) is taking there sweet ass time. Basically 1 man, 1 car, per day. The County had to jump on them to get the rest of the SO upgraded.

He really didn't know to many more details other than that.

The County did not have to jump on the installers, the County FD's just recently turned in the required paperwork for inventory and contracts with the county. Installers were not to turn any radios out to the FDs until the County gave the blessing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.