Handheld antenna for APCO 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
I have seen several posts about handheld antennas but none that rererred specifically to an antenna for monitoring APCO 25 digital systems. I have a BCD396T and replaced the original antenna with Radio Shack's 800 mhz antenna, which made a slight improvement but I know better antennas are available. I have a telescoping antenna that works great for VHF and UHF, which I dont listen to very much. What would be a good antenna for listening to APCO 25 systems?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Raven95150 said:
I have seen several posts about handheld antennas but none that rererred specifically to an antenna for monitoring APCO 25 digital systems. I have a BCD396T and replaced the original antenna with Radio Shack's 800 mhz antenna, which made a slight improvement but I know better antennas are available. I have a telescoping antenna that works great for VHF and UHF, which I dont listen to very much. What would be a good antenna for listening to APCO 25 systems?

Well, there really isn't an antenna for monitoring specific communications protocols like APCO25. Doesn't matter what the type of communications used, you still need to get an antenna made or cut for the frequency band you're monitoring. If you're mainly monitoring an 800MHz system, then the RS 800MHz antenna is a pretty good choice.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Thanks...What about the Seeker 800? I have read that it is supposed to be pretty good too.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Raven95150 said:
Thanks...What about the Seeker 800? I have read that it is supposed to be pretty good too.
I haven't used that particular one, but I've heard good things about it too. Maybe doing a search of the forums might yield more info and opinions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.