BCT15X: "Hanging up" on one TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Recently finished a move back home to Indiana and finally finished reprogramming my scanners for the area. On one of the systems I monitor, the (Hammond/East Chicago Public Safety Trunking System, Hammond, Indiana - Scanner Frequencies) scans with no problems except for one...when it stops on TGID 304, Hammond Fire/EMS Dispatch, it stays on that TGID until I finally notice the scanner has gone quiet and push 'scan' to get it going again. I did have this system programming in my 346 when I was living in Illinois because when I'd visit my mom, I'd take the 346 with me. When I scan the system now on the 346, it doesn't get hung up on that scanner. I compared the old file with how the new file looks in both scanners, and there is no difference in any settings, so it's got to be a problem with the 15X. I just don't know what that problem could be.

Has any one else had their 15X hang up on a TGID? If so, how did you fix the problem? Was the problem fixable? Any information / comments / suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

It sounds like something in the 15Xs programming is bad.

I would do a master reset on the 15X and program it with the file from the 346.

It's already the exact same programming I have in my 346XT, and that scanner is not hanging up on the talkgroup.

However, earlier today, I did do a total reset of the 15X and reloaded the file. Same result. After the transmission on the FD dispatch TG, it hangs on until I press the scan button.

I have a second 15X I received last week that is not fully programmed yet. When I get home later this afternoon I'll load the programming in to that scanner and see what happens.

:)

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
This is a weird one. I have a BCT15X and have never had that happen to me. I actually really like this model, BTW. How do you know they are the same programming-wise? Do you use FreeSCAN? If so, can you post both files so we can compare?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

This is a weird one. I have a BCT15X and have never had that happen to me. I actually really like this model, BTW. How do you know they are the same programming-wise? Do you use FreeSCAN? If so, can you post both files so we can compare?

I use ARCXT-Pro. Not a big fan of FreeScan. It's a good program, but just not my cup of tea. As far as being the same programming wise, I did all of the programming and downloaded it first to the 346, and as soon as that upload was done, I uploaded the same program to the 15X.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Is it the same freqy in the trunk system that the "TG" in question falls on in both scanners, don't trust software....

Status
Not open for further replies.