Hanover/King William Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Traveled thru their today running pro96com, does not appear Hanover and King William are linked. Hanover showed a single site. more testing tomorrow. Anyone else have comments ?

CPerk

From what I seen on king William system we use site one for northern end of calls and site 2 is used southern end of county but roll over of all calls come across site one . (858.7125

jimf

Hanover is a 14 or so tower simulcast system. All towers identify as site 1. Site two is located in West Point VA area and operates on two 700 mhz frequencies. Site two was added to fill the gap in King William as the Hanover towers would not effectively cover the south eastern areas of King William. I have been able to monitor King William traffic on the site 1 towers. I am sure their are others on here from King William that may be able to expand/correct my observation. Also, keep in mind all Sheriffs Office channels in Hanover are encrypted if you have a radio that mutes such traffic.

CPerk

Hanover is a 14 or so tower simulcast system. All towers identify as site 1. Site two is located in West Point VA area and operates on two 700 mhz frequencies. Site two was added to fill the gap in King William as the Hanover towers would not effectively cover the south eastern areas of King William. I have been able to monitor King William traffic on the site 1 towers. I am sure their are others on here from King William that may be able to expand/correct my observation. Also, keep in mind all Sheriffs Office channels in Hanover are encrypted if you have a radio that mutes such traffic.
Agreed 100% on that . Our site 2 doesn’t pick up northern end of county . But soon they have talked about expanding coverage for their portable radios due to them not working as well up to par for north of county . However, they just getting new radios installed soon since radios APX7000 were out of date . And coverage is coming soon for equipment on towers for 700mhz soon to link West Point tower with these other 4 equipment on towers

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Set up the system in my unication pager, mixed results with both sites programmed in, using just the King William site I could hear all the calls for King William, must be my radio. thanks for the replies

CPerk

Set up the system in my unication pager, mixed results with both sites programmed in, using just the King William site I could hear all the calls for King William, must be my radio. thanks for the replies
Agreed site 2 covers all traffic , but from 360 Hanover line to 360/30 we can’t hear the site 2 . We only hear site one . It’s like site 2 is a “spill over “ to better coverage south of county . But I like site 2 sounding crisp and clear .

Status
Not open for further replies.