Hanover/King William Fire Talk Group Useage

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about how the fire talk group zones. When an incident is assigned a tac channel
are there multiple tac channels assigned to a group for the incident? ex. incident, command, triage, logistics etc.
Is there a stand alone tac channel for just basic response communications? I wasn't too familiar with the old system
but have no idea on the new one.

Any insight would be great. Setting up a zones in my Unication G4.

clbsquared

I cannot speak for Hanover, but for where I am, when a TAC or Fireground Channel is assigned, it is to be used for all operations of that particular incident. It is done so that normal traffic can resume on the main dispatch channel.

CPerk

For what it’s worth in King William we use dispatch fire , then if it something major like fire we go to TAC 4. Use dispatch some but try get tac 4 much as I’ve seen. If another call goes out during that event dispatch sometimes will advise go tac 5.

However, I’ve seen some incidents stay on dispatch , and then when call goes out request for a TAC like TAC 4

HANOVER on other side note, they use dispatch for dispatch call and then move to a TAC and finish the call and respond like example call and dispatcher will say TAC 4 and then go TAC 4 and units responding will be on TAC 4 and communicate everything there

I have a question about how the fire talk group zones. When an incident is assigned a tac channel
are there multiple tac channels assigned to a group for the incident? ex. incident, command, triage, logistics etc.
Is there a stand alone tac channel for just basic response communications? I wasn't too familiar with the old system
but have no idea on the new one.

Any insight would be great. Setting up a zones in my Unication G4.

Last edited:

ropeguru

Hope I am not too late to the game here, but...

For Hanover, as CPerk mentioned, everything is dispatched on the the dispatch talkgroup then units move to the assigned tac channel. For Hanover, all EMS calls are handled on tac4 where other fire calls, anything other than a straight EMS call, are assigned its own tac channel.

I do have a question, what SDR software are you running fore the Henrico system? I am trying to use sdrtrunk and cannot seem to get a control channel locked in using any of the freq show here in radio reference. I live off 301 behind Hanover High School and am wondering if it just might be a distance issue?

My waterfall shows something at 857.5125 but sdrtrunk cannot sync on anyhthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.