Hanover P25 and Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehm1212

I updated to the newest version of Pro96Com yesterday (which added support for control channel messages pertaining to Phase II/TDMA) and am seeing some disturbing things in the packet dump. TDMA sync broadcasts. Here is a screenshot.

During the month or so of testing that went on in the fall, everything I heard was regular Phase I FDMA. But there's no way I would have known if I was missing something, right?

Do XTL/XTS 5000s support Phase II? If not, then we're safe.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 546
N

N_Jay

No, in the Moto line (for now) only APX units support Motorola's TDMA, and only APX units will support Phase 2 TDMA (when it is released).

rokfysh

Are they still set for a march launch or are they going to start earlier in stages

jehm1212

From what I understand, March 1 is still set as the switchover date. Fire/EMS and the various other county departments (utilities, parks, etc.) still need mobile installs completed. Portables have yet to be handed out.

jehm1212

I think we're safe... for now. APX series radios haven't been distributed, so there aren't currently any Phase-II capable receivers in the county. But, it looks like the system is ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.