Hanover system

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

Is there anyone could tell me how to set my scanner pro 106 to pickup n display the "new" talk groups that comes up like today king William said switch to fire tac 4 and beats me I have no idea the talk group but I don't want mess up my configuration for the TRS but I would like my scanner to show new TG as they come but I don't know how to do it

Thanks

W4UVV

Displaying new 396T talkgroups

Is there anyone could tell me how to set my scanner pro 106 to pickup n display the "new" talk groups that comes up like today king William said switch to fire tac 4 and beats me I have no idea the talk group but I don't want mess up my configuration for the TRS but I would like my scanner to show new TG as they come but I don't know how to do it

Thanks

Unless you have scanner programing software you will manually have to "drill down" through the menu to make the necessary selections. See www.markscanners.com for the 396T user functions. I do not have the 396T but here are my 996T scanner settings, since sold, that worked before the Hanover Co. trs antennas were phased and trs ERP reduced::

System Type = Motorola 2/P25

Site System Type = Motorola Type 2 800 Mhz. Standard

ID Scan/Search = ID Search

Audio = Digital

Talkgroup user numbers without an alpha id will display as new time they are active. You can sight check the RR database for Hanover Co. to cross reference a talkgroup number to its' user(s)..

John
W4UVV

Herodog

Hanover systems

Cperk the talk group number for king william & west point fire & ems tac 4 is 32054 what I do is is when they go to a tac I dont no I go to a talk group I can rember like hanover dispatch 2011 program edit and change 2011 to defalt when I here kw talk group I do not no like tac 4 32054 I write I down then put hanovers 2011 back in any how fire tac 4 talk group number is32054 hope this helps

W4UVV

You are correct

Thanks

You are correct. Sorry. I confused my Win500 software GRE/106/197/PSR500/600. & Butel software for the 396/996T. I knew better as I occasionally make changes to my PSR600.

John

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I do have a question I can't find an answer for, and since you seem to have Uniden knowledge and I haven't bought a new scanner from them in years, I'll ask you. :)

I'm picking up a 436 in a week or so and have been playing around with the software learning about it and all. I just can't figure out a couple of things, one being how do you add wildcards into a Uniden scanner's TG list or do you?

W4UVV

Uniden talkgroup programing

I do have a question I can't find an answer for, and since you seem to have Uniden knowledge and I haven't bought a new scanner from them in years, I'll ask you. :)

I'm picking up a 436 in a week or so and have been playing around with the software learning about it and all. I just can't figure out a couple of things, one being how do you add wildcards into a Uniden scanner's TG list or do you?

As previously posted Uniden does not use a "wildcard" programing option like GRE does. For the 396T/99T/396XT/996XT models, you must create minimally one site for a trs. Select "ID SEARCH". If you have not created a talkgroup list with one or more talkgroup numbers with the appropriate attributes, each talkgroup will display as the number only every time it is activated. The talkgroups numbers that display will depend upon the various talkgroup's affiliations with the various STARS site's. For example, for STARS, Division 1, I created a talkgroups list with each talkgroup's appropriate attributes I thought would be applicable to Division 1. When scanning any one of Division 1 STARS' multiple sites the appropriate active talkgroup numbers with their preprogramed alpha "tag"s attributes display although I created the list under the "Richmond" site id. I used this same programing method with applicable talkgroup info for all STARS divisions. I assume the same programing logic will apply to the 436/546 models.

If a Division 1 trs talkgroup displays with only its' number that means either one of three situations. I either failed earlier to enter it into the Division 1 talkgroup's list; it is a "visitor" affiliated temporarily with a STARS Division 1 site(i.e., VPA, CBBP, etc.) or it is a new STARS user. For the first and latter situations I add it to the STARS Division 1 talkgroup's list either with known or best guess info, update all my scanners and begin researching to identify if a new talkgroup user. When ided I update all my scanners again with the current talkgroup id.

I previously quickly browsed the 436/536 user's manual and some functions seem to be similar or the same to the XT' models only renamed. However, some other functions appear quite different and the 436 additionally may have some unique programing requirements. I did not make a cross reference list of the 436/536 to 396XT/996XT functions since I don't plan on buying a 536 at this time but at some future time I will do it to shorten my programing learning curve time.

One thing for sure I will do when I get a 536 is replace the SD card with one having the max memory recognized by the scanner and reprogram the state of Virginia section using my database info to add, change, delete as appropriate frequencies/users, talkgroups to mirror what currently is programed in my 396XT/996XT scanners for all the various different radio services I monitor.

Area future candidates for a new P25 700 mhz. Phase 2 trs are Caroline Co. and Prince George Co. I am not sure about Goochland Co.

Good luck. I am sure you will enjoy your 436. If you can deal with the increased antenna length, replace the stock antenna with an Austin Condor. My experience using it with my 396XT is It typically doubles my reception range.

John

W4UVV

Test your 436 for the desired step tuning range

Two more issues. FYI when you get your Uniden 436(536 also) remember on vhf high band there are several frequency tuning step range "standards". All have their advantages and disadvantages. I believe the 436/536 frequency tuning step default is 7.5 khz. That selection means some offset frequencies may be missed if additionally programing STARS voice frequencies. I recommend using 6.25 khz. default step tuning for STARS and set the bandwidth mode to "FM" vice "NBFM". Be sure and test your settings.

John

W4UVV

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Thanks John that answers a lot and even some I didn't have questions for until I read your reply. :)

I'll follow your advice on things including the SD card and steps. Thanks for the recommendation on the Condor. From what I had been reading it looks like replacing the stock antenna is a must.

I'm glad to hear you don't lose the programmed TGs while in ID Search mode.

As I said in another post I haven't had a handheld scanner since the days before they even had rechargeable batteries so its a whole different ballgame than my base scanners. LOL

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.