Hanover, Va P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

Hey I was wondering is there anyone that can help me program Hanover, Va P25 in my scanner i got a Pro 96 and i got hanover's EDCAS, I just dont understand manual in order to program i have tryed lot i jus need walk throgh better than manual to program . Have taken it to radioshack they wont do anything . thanks so much i do thank you
in my scanner i got chesterfield, richmond, henrico, i just need get hanvoer new stuff

jehm1212

Hanover's P25 system is not yet in service. The system is up, but final acceptance testing is still going on (and not too often, I might add). So, even if you did program it in, it would be hard to know if you did it right due to the lack of activity.

The EDACS system is the one that is still being used for full-time communications in the county. You would be well advised to listen to that one at least through the summer (August is the current tentative date for switchover).

As far as programming a P25 system in a Pro-96, it's fairly straightforward. Set the trunking type to Motorola and enter the four control channels in any order.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Start with channel number 01 of selected bank. The scanner has channel 00. leave it blank.
Enter each frequency in the order listed in the database. This order is called Locical Channel Number (LCN) which is required for EDACS systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.