• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Happy July 1st .Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHaislet

Canada day?

Canada day? Sounds neat, although I've never heard of it.

I seem to have forgotten, who did Canada fight for their independence?

:twisted:

I_10_92

We didn't have to fight anyone. We just came, saw and conquered. And the Britsh just handed it over. Then we played some hockey, ate some beaver and thats it.. Thats how we do it up here.
haha

bigdaddyduke

I seem to remember a certain war that occured in 1812... In my experience not too many americans are aware of this war. Another interesting fact, your white house is white because of Canada...during the war of 1812 the white house was partially burned by Canadians (aka British settlers) in retaliaton for the americans support of the french and needed to be repaired. It was whitewashed and has stayed white ever since

"The War of 1812 is one of the forgotten wars of the United States. The war lasted for over two years, and while it ended much like it started; in stalemate; it was in fact a war that once and for all confirmed American Independence. The offensive actions of the United States failed in every attempt to capture Canada"

"On 19 August, a British force landed at the mouth of the Patuxent River. By 24 August they had marched north and captured Washington, almost without a fight. The British sat down at a captured White House banquet and, after a pleasant dinner, set fire to the White House and much of the city in retaliation for the American burning of a number of small villages in Upper Canada, contrary to an earlier agreement. The burning of Washington was done at the specific request of Sir George Prevost, the Governor of Canada"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A1021294

I_10_92

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. Ah well. At least we sat down and enjoyed the banquet eh? haha. .. Now... fireworks!

Radio1114

Wow I should read up on my Hystory.I forgot all that about that.It must be alzhimers setting in lol.At my age I love everyone .

bigdaddyduke

Good ole Canadian pride at it's finest. No hard feelings...although US/Canada relations are at a low point...but that is not the point. Canada will celebrate tonight, the US will celebrate on the 4th. Everyone enjoy yourselves and be safe

jimyleg

I_10_92 said:
We didn't have to fight anyone. We just came, saw and conquered. And the Britsh just handed it over. Then we played some hockey, ate some beaver and thats it.. Thats how we do it up here.
haha
ROFLMFAOCOPTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.