Hara Arena to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardt0303

I just heard through the local news source Hara Arena is going to close Aug. 27. Will that be the end to Dayton Hamvention ? Where could they move it to?

ecps92

Dayton (DARA) Hamvention will be making an announcement of the new (same area) partner in the near future.
I just heard through the local news source Hara Arena is going to close Aug. 27. Will that be the end to Dayton Hamvention ? Where could they move it to?

Yagi

I've been to a number of smaller hamfests that were in dumps.

For my visits to Dayton I just treated it as an adventure and enjoyed the outdoor area to look for deals on equipment. The inside area was fun to see the new stuff and pick up the obligatory free Yaesu hat.

It sounds like DARA was planning for this and so hopefully have spent some time planning for the transition.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
At least I got to Dayton once so I can say "Been there done that".. Hopefully they move it somewhere closer so I don't have to drive as far. Minneapolis would be nice.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm glad I decided to go this year for the first, and now last time. I look forward to whatever place DARA is able to secure for the future.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've never went, but seen lots of video. I'm not one for large crowds. :). 73, n9zas

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Honestly I'm not surprised. I was there twice over the past few years and the first time it was looking really old and long overdue for a total refurbishment.

The following year I wasn't even there but I think you may recall the stories of the river of raw sewage that flowed from the building through the parking lot due to a major plumbing malfunction.

The next year I was back, it was even more dilapidated than it was the first time. It looked like the Arena that Time Forgot to Maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.