Hard case for transporting scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Been putting my 2 radios, my 436 and my R30, in my travel bag on my camping trips. Was getting worried they would get banged around enough to scratch them up. Looking around the house for something to protect them. Came across my hand gun hard case that came with my 1911 pistol. Both of my radios fit perfect in it. I have foldable antennas on both. With the padding in the case, protects my radios perfect. If you have a hand gun hard case, give it a try. Just a tip.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Pelican makes a wide variety of cases in all shapes and sizes, plus, they have customizable foam. While I don't use them for scanners, I've used them for various kinds of musical electronics (instrument transmitters & receivers, wireless mics, wireless in-ear monitors, etc.) for years. They seem to last forever.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Pelican makes a wide variety of cases in all shapes and sizes, plus, they have customizable foam. While I don't use them for scanners, I've used them for various kinds of musical electronics (instrument transmitters & receivers, wireless mics, wireless in-ear monitors, etc.) for years. They seem to last forever.

The Harbor Freight knock-off cases are pretty good. I have a GM-300 mounted in one on the back of my son's UTV. Cheaper than Pelican and they work pretty well. If you keep your eyes open, you can almost always find a coupon/sale on them.

This was a kit I built for our rental radios and 6 gang charger. Large Pelican case with their "pick and pluck" foam. We've been using it for about 10 years now without issue.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
This. Use them for portable radios and also got a set for personal must take with items.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
The Harbor Freight knock-off cases are pretty good. I have a GM-300 mounted in one on the back of my son's UTV. Cheaper than Pelican and they work pretty well. If you keep your eyes open, you can almost always find a coupon/sale on them.

This was a kit I built for our rental radios and 6 gang charger. Large Pelican case with their "pick and pluck" foam. We've been using it for about 10 years now without issue.
Nice how much those run for?

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
The Harbor freight knock offs work fairly well. I have my telescope in one. Very durable. The hand gun case has similar foam and keeps the 2 radios secure during travel. Thought about buying a case but since the hand gun case works well, why spend the money.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I use the Harbor Freight cases for radios and other equipment. They are made quite well and have provision for pad locks and a the foam has held up well.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

I use these and agree they are great both in quality and price.

Status
Not open for further replies.