Hard drive corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Hi all,

today I had disaster strike on my computer. After about 5 minuets of using it, the computer crashed. It seemed to happen Slowly. I could still use the mouse but no windows functions or applications worked. I tried a hard reboot after unplugging the computer and I had the same problem a few minuets after it booted. I then started in safe mode and the same thing happened. Because of this, I decided to run dskchk in command prompt after another restart, and it froze. Eventually I got it to run a disk check on reboot, however it would get stuck at 2%(pictured below). I left the computer for about 6 hours and it did not change. Anyone have any suggestions to possibly fix this, or is this a lost cause?

On a side note, I used to have a 2nd media drive that the same thing happened to about 4 months ago. I wonder if this could be related to something else in the computer?

Any help is appreciated
Katt

Attachments

• C7F58D2B-BCB4-4C5F-BA74-69AACB83A162.jpeg
    C7F58D2B-BCB4-4C5F-BA74-69AACB83A162.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 9

RT48

Do you get any S.M.A.R.T. errors when you first turn on the computer? That would be proof that you have a bad hard drive.

Also, if you get into the BIOS settings, you might be able to run some diagnostics. I'm most familiar with HP computers and I know they have hard drive diagnostics in the BIOS.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Do you have an OEM computer like HP or Dell? And if so, is it the original hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.