BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Hard Leather Case Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPrine

I'm trying to get the hard leather case (from Scanner Master) off my 436 without using a knife or shears. Yes, I had already cut off the little elastic string thing, that wraps around the antenna to keep the radio from falling out of the case...totally unnecessary. The case is so snug, it cannot fall out of the case. I CANNOT REMOVE IT AT ALL to change batteries. And yes, I had removed the issue belt clip off the 436 before stuffing it into this leather coffin. Any suggestions? Thank you, in advance!

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Use a pencil and push it in the little round hole under the hard case to push the scanner up so you can then grab the sides of the scanner by hand to pull from the case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Install the wrist strap, and you can pull the scanner from the case without needing tools.

JamesPrine

Nope

Use a pencil and push it in the little round hole under the hard case to push the scanner up so you can then grab the sides of the scanner by hand to pull from the case.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I tried pushing with my fingers, everything. It absolutely refuses to budge. I suspect that one of my 'friends' might have introduced some superglue into the case, although everything looks and smells normal...NOT a happy camper at this point, but thanks!

gskroll

Premium Subscriber
I have found that the see-through plastic protecting the screen adheres to the surface of the screen.

I separate the two by inserting my fingers before attempting to slide the radio out of the leather case and have had no problem.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.