hardly picking up a repeater on 461.4625

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie621

I have both a pro-2052 and a pro-2096. I like to listen to the security company where my friend lives and their repeater hardly breaks squelch. I use to hear them better back in July and the only thing I can think of is their repeater is putting out lower power. I have the telescoping antenna on the 2052 pulled out one segment. that is about 13 inches or so. I did play with it as they were talking and it does work best at that length. Any ideas as to what I can do? I live in a town home so I can't have an outdoor antenna. Thanks

MNRotrMedic

Are you sure that this frequency is repeated? It could be that the security service that you're trying to listen to patrols a small enough area that a repeater isn't necessary at all. You can get a pretty good range off of a 4w portable.

hsdtech

Do you have an attic? If not what about upstairs somewhere? You can put up an outside antenna in your attic with decent results.

Bucko

In my county there are several UHF repeaters ending with 4 digits which as a rule are lower power, some are 25watt to 45watt. There is also a local college security using such a freq which the license is rated at 5watt and is mobil only ( no repeater ). It would be a safe bet that Matt_45 is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.