Status
Not open for further replies.

jj1121

Im looking for the harford county sheriff talk-around frequencies and talkgroup
I'm a newbie, I have a pro-106.

Thanks, Jared

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database then select Frequency Database You can then use the map, and the resulting pulldowns, to select Maryland then Harford County.

When you are on the county page, the trunking systems are all linked at the bottom.

HTH...Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To anticipate your follow up questions (note that anything in blue is a link of some kind);

a. To understand what trunking is and how it works, read the Overview section of

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that you will need Adobe Acrobat (or one of the compatible readers, such as Foxit, or Chrome) to read one of the links. There's an article there by our own UPMan that does a very good job of explaining the concepts

b. Now what you will need to get that data into your scanner? See this article for all the links I'm about to mention;

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

1. We have a programming shortcut for that scanner if you want to do it manually, but I hope your dental insurance is paid up, because there will be teeth knashing;

2. To download data from our database, you will need 3 things; a compatible USB-serial cable, an application and a subscription. You can find the SKUs for the USB-serial cable, along with some hints on how to use Windows Device Manager in the 'Connecting scanners via USB' article as mentioned in the prologue
3. The 3 most popular applications for this scanner are ARC500, PSRedit500 and Win500. We have links to user guides for ARC500 and Win500 in the Software section; also in that same section is an article called 'Object Oriented Scanner Software', which has the links for these 3 packages;

4. You can also get a premium subscription, which each of those 3 packages supports...this will allow you to download data directly from our database

Premium Subscription Information Page

If you choose one of these apps, perhaps someone can send you a file to get you started. Be sure to be very specific about which one you have - formats are not interchangeable

5. Finally there's an Easier to Read manual for this scanner; and a printed version can be had from Scanner Master.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Those would likely be on the county page under the talk-around listing - and being mobiles only and on 800 mhz, you would need to be real close to hear them. Evidently it's not echoed on the Harford trunk. It's also possible they're using one of the Interoperability freqs - you're going to need to listen real close to the channel designation they use and see if it matches what's in the database.

If not these, then we probably don't have it - yet.

Mike

Last edited:

jj1121

Like you know of the Live Feed, which is the whole talk around that's what I'm looking for

-Jared

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
HUH? That's very poorly worded - if you want to find out about what talkgroups the feed is using, email the feed owner directly - I'm sure s/he'll tell you what was programmed, if it's using a scanner and not a Moto radio...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.