Harford County, MD New Unidentified Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

slh10-89

The following talk groups have become active on the Harford County Maryland trunked P25 system. All display that the talk group identity as unknown: 7303, 12202, 12203, 12360, 7101.

All of these talk groups can be found on the Cecil County Maryland trunked system and the talk group identity is known.

My guess is Cecil County gave up some of their talk groups and they were reassigned to Harford County.

Does anyone know what could be going on here and someway of identifying the talk groups that are now found in the Harford County trunked system. Does someone know how to have the Database updated to reflect these changes.

Stay safe and healthy.
Steve

hill

Premium Subscriber
Not really, just an Harford County system, The County is CMARC System linked below. Many other users on this system.

Cecil County is on the Maryland First System linked below.

Going forward it could be talkgroups added to be used in response to the virus.

Did you receive any audio from these groups? If you did maybe it will help you find out the use of them.

fredva

Feed Provider
You posted in the Broadcastify internet streaming forum. Your question might be better posed in the Maryland forum.

If one were to submit updates to the database, you could go to the database page (RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database) and click the Submit Info link. However, you stated all you have is talkgroup ids and you don't know the contents of the talkgroups, if I understand you correctly. Are you able to hear traffic on these talkgroups? Talkgroup ids without some info about their content isn't necessarily very helpful in the database. Can you monitor the system for awhile and see if you can get an idea about who is using each talkgroup (police, fire, EMS, utilities) and whether the talkgroups sound like they are used for dispatches, car-to-car communication, on-scene operations, etc.? Also, make sure that it is Harford County units. Confirmed information is what the database admins would be looking for. Other scanner hobbyists rely on this info, so what is submitted to the database should be as accurate as possible.

hill

Premium Subscriber
There is a submit button to get new information into the system about the system name in the links I provided in my post above.

Need to identify to the use and other items prior to submitting the updates.

slh10-89

Not really, just an Harford County system, The County is CMARC System linked below. Many other users on this system.

Cecil County is on the Maryland First System linked below.

Going forward it could be talkgroups added to be used in response to the virus.

Did you receive any audio from these groups? If you did maybe it will help you find out the use of them.

I believe 12360 is a Fire/EMS Dispatch channel but I haven't heard enough of it do be positive about it or what jurisdiction is broadcasting. I'm also going to monitor Cecil County because I suspect the same talk group numbers have gone dead in that County.

fredva

Feed Provider
If the two counties are on two different systems as hill pointed out, there would be no need for the two counties to trade talkgroup ids. The same ids could exist on two independent systems.

Also, be careful about concluding that a talkgroup is no longer in use on a certain system and submitting that info to the database. It's harder to determine that a talkgroup is no longer going to be used again than it is to discover and document new talkgroups. Just because you might not hear anything on a certain talkgroup for a couple of days doesn't mean that it is retired.

slh10-89

If the two counties are on two different systems as hill pointed out, there would be no need for the two counties to trade talkgroup ids. The same ids could exist on two independent systems.

Also, be careful about concluding that a talkgroup is no longer in use on a certain system and submitting that info to the database. It's harder to determine that a talkgroup is no longer going to be used again than it is to discover and document new talkgroups. Just because you might not hear anything on a certain talkgroup for a couple of days doesn't mean that it is retired.

I had no plans to submit the unknown talk group IDs to RR. I am only attempting to determine their identities. I also had no plans to remove the ones I described in an earlier post from the Cecil County Talk Groups.

Thanks everyone for their help so far. Stay safe and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.