Harford County Police Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle9581

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Harford County Police Code

Harford County uses a some of your Standard APCO 10 Codes: but they also use many differnt Situation Codes not availble to public. I have been montoring harford county for Years: They are a very hard nut to crack. YOU May crack some but even if you did crack all of them : THEY JUST GOTO THE TACK channels or cell phone for PRIVATE conversation. ALL POLICE need to have special tack encrypted Channels for there own Protection and the Publics as well. EVEN if I DID KNOW ALL THERE SPECIAL SITUATION CODES: I WOULD NOT INFORM THE PUBLIC SECTOR. OUR POLICE NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET: THEY put there LIFE on the LINE everyDAY and NIGHT of there LIFE TRYING to PROTECT SOCIETY from the CRIMINAL SCUM ! BUT if all you wish to do is to listen to the dispatch; you will learn plenty. Good Luck Friend.

fd2119

Harford County uses a some of your Standard APCO 10 Codes: but they also use many differnt Situation Codes not availble to public. I have been montoring harford county for Years: They are a very hard nut to crack. YOU May crack some but even if you did crack all of them : THEY JUST GOTO THE TACK channels or cell phone for PRIVATE conversation. ALL POLICE need to have special tack encrypted Channels for there own Protection and the Publics as well. EVEN if I DID KNOW ALL THERE SPECIAL SITUATION CODES: I WOULD NOT INFORM THE PUBLIC SECTOR. OUR POLICE NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET: THEY put there LIFE on the LINE everyDAY and NIGHT of there LIFE TRYING to PROTECT SOCIETY from the CRIMINAL SCUM ! BUT if all you wish to do is to listen to the dispatch; you will learn plenty. Good Luck Friend.

I think what Eagle is trying to say is, while some things are (and should) be open to the public, especially in this age of a transparency push (open government), some things have to be kept secret to ensure officer safety, and, by extension, public safety. This includes some radio codes (dispute of radio codes is an entirely separate topic which has been discussed, at length, in various forums). Of course, various forms of privacy can also be employed (radio encryption, of course, being the biggest one that comes to mind).

On a personal note, I am a big believer in open government/transparency, but honestly, there are some things I'd rather not know. A small example: it scares me to see a truck labeled WMD, CBRNE, etc. running down the road emergency, just because of what it is. I'd rather see an unmarked vehicle (which could be anything) than a marked WMDmobile.

Eagle, just a few corrections.

- First, the term is tac (short for tactical), not tack (as in a carpet tack).
- Secondly, in the case you used it, the word would be spelled their (possessive - their safety); there is a reference to a location (over there); they're is a contraction for they are.
- Third, the public sector you reference is the government; the private sector is a private business.

No offense or disrespect intended, just offering some hints.

Link: Official Ten-Code List

eagle9581

Banned
I think what Eagle is trying to say is: PLEASE DONT TRY TO TWIST WHAT I SAY AND WRITE ! You may respond anyway you wish: but dont try to distort my meanings ideas and words. This is RUDE friend.

eagle9581

Banned
Harford county: Maryland police codes

Does anyone else out here know any of harford county police codes ? examples: [code 14 adam 29] [10-8 code 90 David 7] [code 10 Edward 7] [01 Adam 35 with a 38 issued] [code 05 Boy 4 verbal only] [code 14 Nora 1 ] [code 11 George 22 10-8] NOW AS YOU CAN SEE HARFORD COUNTY USES MANY DIFFERENT CODES ALL AT ONCE: IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS TO HELP WITH THEASE: PLEASE REPLY ! I KNOW THERES SOME PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CAN DO IT. [THANKS EAGLE9581]

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There is a big move by DHS to promote the elimination of code phrases and move to plain language in radio communications - all in the name of interoperability. Personally, I think that it is a good idea, based on my experience with communicating with different dispatchers and operating personnel of various emergency response agencies. There also is a place for encryption, particularly for transmitting sensitive / tactical info to multiple users at once (otherwise you use your mobile phone.)

eagle9581

Banned
Harford County Police Code

YES I did hear about some agencys making the change to plain speech: but I dont think harford county would do this.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well since no one has responded, how about picking up the task of monitoring for the codes and reporting back? Don't wait to be spoon fed...show a little gumption and get to work. Then as codes are published others can try to validate what they mean

'nuff said

Mike

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
The codes you're listing appear to be disposition codes (they convey to the dispatcher how to close a call out). They have nothing to do with actually dispatching a call. Therefore, not ever knowing what they mean should have little affect on monitoring. Because they are disposition codes related to administration, they may not fall under the category of plain English being pushed nationwide.

Here are Baltimore County's dispo codes. They may have some similarities.
Baltimore County (MD) Disposition Codes - The RadioReference Wiki

eagle9581

Banned
Disposition codes

HI yes I am aware that they are disposition codes on a higher level: but Im interested in getting a complete list of all harford county codes alike. but I do APPRECIATE you responding. if I come up with more codes I Will Post them here: I would Appreciate it if other members would do the same. THANKS

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Well Eagle I have those codes but since you have been an *** to everyone and an *** posting, I think I will hold onto those.

Maybe you should learn proper forum etiquette. This site is not a joke and when people want to share information with you THEY WILL!

Nathan

eagle9581

Banned
HI Friend Since you seem to have all the Answers: WHY not SHARE with the rest of the Community ? I REALLY want to crack those CODES: I have spent many years on this project. or MAYBE you REALLY DONT have those CODES my FRIEND ?

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
this site is a JOKE !
When you make comments like this, then continue to bump the thread up, you aren't going to get help...you're going to get attitude. So don't go expecting help to just fly right on in. You gave people attitude, took over the thread, and look where it's got you.

I doubt you'll get much else unless you apologize to the community for your past posts in this thread.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
In an effort to comply with this:
... PLEASE DONT TRY TO TWIST WHAT I SAY AND WRITE ! You may respond anyway you wish: but dont try to distort my meanings ideas and words. ...

Since you feel this way:
...if I DID KNOW ALL THERE SPECIAL SITUATION CODES: I WOULD NOT INFORM THE PUBLIC SECTOR...

How do you expect anyone to reply to this:
Does anyone else out here know any of harford county police codes ? ... IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS TO HELP WITH THEASE: PLEASE REPLY ! ...
if anybody has any information about this subject please respond- Thanks

And as Wayne has already pointed out, your attitude is pretty poor. Indeed, just waking up a thread you basically wrecked over 2 years ago is just bad forum etiquette. If you choose to respond to my post here, don't call me "friend", I would consider it an insult to be considered your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.