Harford County

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You'd be hard pressed to find any modern Public Safety TRS Site that is not also a simulcast site [aka multiple tower locations using the same set of frequencies at the same time], Especially those covering a wide area like an entire county or two. (except those small fill in sites that are noted as an ASR or similarly in the RR DB)

Since CMARC was one of the first systems to evolve the site names were never adjusted to say simulcast..

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Harford County feed provider here. I'm working on upgrading the hardware currently. Something switched recently and I no longer receive well. Seems to be using more of the 800mhz alternate control channels than before. I am actively working on it, I just don't have an SDS to magically fix it. Even my previous SDR-Pi Broadcastify calls build is struggling. I will try some relocation, but I have a feeling an SDS is in need along with more SDR's to fix the broadcastify calls system.
An RPi4 with OP25 should handle it.

Dogodile

Feed Provider
@Jensams The Broadcastify calls system is back up (took some reconfiguring of some control channels). Unfortunately there is no "app" for this yet, but the website works pretty well even on mobile. I just bookmark the page to my phones home screen. Its a free alternative to buying an SDS scanner. It's located Here. I also made some adjustments to the analog feed which most apps use. Its not perfect (simulcast nonsense) but it's improved.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Waveform would be a good way to do it, because C4FM is functionally a simulcast-capable waveform but doesn't cause any headache for scanners. CQPSK/LSM is where the headache comes in, and it would be better to differentiate that clearly if the scanner headache is what's being aimed at... just as a .02.

Unfortunately that is likely impossible to add to the database; it would require adding a column to every trunked system. It's quite possible the web service would also need to change.

The same kind of issue has arisen with adding DMR Conventional Networked systems; it has to be 'shoe horned' into the current structure. If you say that's sloppy and inefficient, you won't get an argument from me. But it is what it is.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.