Harford Countywide Drill Wed July 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronp

Tomorrow (July 12th) might make for some interesting listening on the scanner. The county has a large mass casuality type incident planned with stuff going on in various locations across the county.

The SHA put up roadsigns that say the drill will last from 9am-9pm, but I've been told that it will start closer to noon. I think the signs account for setup and breakdown.
As part of the drill, they will be testing how various agencies interact and communicate with each other. With that being said, expect lots of radio activity, maybe on some channels/talkgroups that don't get a lot of use.

Details of the drill have been kept pretty hush-hush, even the locations. But, given the placement of the SHA signs, I'd guess that the area by Havre de Grace City Hall, and the HDG High School/ Football field are going to be pretty busy.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to monitor, hopefully I'll be too busy participating.

TinEar

Sounds like CAP Flight 1829 is involved in this drill on 148.15. He mentions school bus accidents with several casualties. That was at about 1145.

At 1150 he's talking about an overturned boat...this one might be for real though.

Eventually, CAP 1829 talks directly to Harford County EOC on the 148.15 frequency.

Last edited:

aaronp

The overturned boat was part of the "drill".
There is currently a shooting going on at the County Courthouse in Bel-Air, which is also part of the drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.