Harlan county KY Lifegaurd ems anyone know where frequency they are on

Status
Not open for further replies.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
They are actually using linked DMR repeaters. I don't have specific info but did hear them the last time I was down there while searching.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
They are actually using linked DMR repeaters. I don't have specific info but did hear them the last time I was down there while searching.
I'm surprised they still use radios, at least in Lexington I am. They dropped the ERS System for secondary communications and receive all calls, transfers, and work orders via LTE and only use DMR when calling to other offices or using analog on Medcom 1. I guess it works better for them in Harlan county which might not have great cell service.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised they still use radios, at least in Lexington I am. They dropped the ERS System for secondary communications and receive all calls, transfers, and work orders via LTE and only use DMR when calling to other offices or using analog on Medcom 1. I guess it works better for them in Harlan county which might not have great cell service.

Yeah, they seem to dispatch the majority of, if not all of their calls (911s, transfers, etc) over the radio. Cell service can be really spotty in the eastern KY counties they serve.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
TGID: 10010
Name: AMR Disp
FCC: FCC Callsign WRDS363 (AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE, INC.)
CC: ?

Can someone confirm if this is CAP+ or Conventional Linked, a forum member is having issues with programming and getting the DMR "Burst" when programmed for both types?

I looked back at my SDS100 recordings and it appears to be Conventional Linked. CC 9 and slot 1 were in use for the 451.275 repeater I found which appears to be on Pine Mountain.

BC2001

Jesse
I can now confirm that it is CC 9. As soon as we got done talking (Remington12G), it showed CC 9 when I had it on the conventional system.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty certain 451.700, 451.825 and 463.775 were in use too. That area is an interesting mixture of digital modes... spent a night at a hotel last year figuring out part of Harlan County's trunked NXDN system (LCN order, frequencies, etc).

BC2001

Jesse
That reminds me, is Harlan County EMS a separate agency from AMR Lifeguard? I always thought Lifeguard was the only EMS in Harlan County. But apparently not.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
That reminds me, is Harlan County EMS a separate agency from AMR Lifeguard? I always thought Lifeguard was the only EMS in Harlan County. But apparently not.

I know Johnson Life Care shut down in 2018. Harlan had its own ambulance service but that appears to be defunct too.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Can the JLC DB entries be depreciated or are they being kept active as a backup system for AMR?

I know Johnson Life Care shut down in 2018. Harlan had its own ambulance service but that appears to be defunct too.

Status
Not open for further replies.