Harlan County Public Safety (NXDN NEXEDGE 4800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC2001

Jesse
Hey everyone, I hope each and every one of you are healthy and safe during these troublesome times.

I live in Bell County and am trying to Monitor the Harlan County Public Safety NXDN trunking system. I have programmed it directly with radioreference import as I am a premium subcriber. I used the Proscan trial to do this. However, I am not receiving any audio, just the signal bar is showing every few seconds, but that's all.

Yet when I program some of the frequencies as conventional (453.16875, 453.81875 from the Greys Knob site) I get the audio and my BCD996P2 scanner shows up NX4 on the display.

So, I assume something I am doing is not right or whatever.

Any help is appreciated because I am not very experienced with trunking still yet. And yes, I do have the NXDN upgrade.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
An important thing to note is LCN numbers. If your LCN numbers are wrong then It won't track properly. If you have a 435/536 or SDS Series then you don't need the correct LCN order. I believe someone is working on getting the correct LCN numbers into the DB.

BC2001

Jesse
An important thing to note is LCN numbers. If your LCN numbers are wrong then It won't track properly. If you have a 435/536 or SDS Series then you don't need the correct LCN order. I believe someone is working on getting the correct LCN numbers into the DB.
Okay, so since my 536HP doesn't need it, I should be able to hear it on that scanner ? I actually do have one, I just prefer the 996P2 for some reason

Remington12G

GØT AES?
That's correct. Just program it in via Sentinel and if you want the correct LCN's you can run analyze on the system with the 536 and share your findings

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
LCN order should still be correct unless something has changed recently. 451.05625 and 451.9000 were the control channels for the Grays Knob site, they seem to alternate nightly like the control channels on the other sites. You might want to run analyze to be on the safe side for any sites you're able to receive.

Also, I think it's interesting that they're licensed for 2 additional sites that haven't been built out (Little Black Mountain and Alva, maybe they've come online recently).

BC2001

Jesse
LCN order should still be correct unless something has changed recently. 451.05625 and 451.9000 are the control channels for the Grays Knob site. They alternate nightly like the control channels on the other sites. You might want to run analyze to be on the safe side for any sites you're able to receive.
The weird thing to me is, that shortly after I made this thread, I finally got traffic on my scanner. It showed up the talkgroup "HCLE Dispatch" when it was talking. But I haven't heard anything else in the last 1 and a half.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you have time to check for a control channel, these are the frequencies for the sites that weren't online when I was in town last year:

Little Black Mountain:

Alva:

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
The weird thing to me is, that shortly after I made this thread, I finally got traffic on my scanner. It showed up the talkgroup "HCLE Dispatch" when it was talking. But I haven't heard anything else in the last 1 and a half.

I know traffic on this system was hit or miss. It seemed pretty active back in summer, but things might have slowed down some. AMR's dispatch was linked to this system at one point before they got their DMR fully set up.

BC2001

Jesse
My scanner just popped up ID: 9 while I was listening to this system. Would this be sufficient to submit, or what other information would I need to submit with it?

Please bare with me, I am still learning.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
No. You will need a general agency this is used by. Law, Fire, EMS, Etc? If it is encrypted or clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.