Harlem broadcast radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
This is a small set up but it's all I need to broadcast the 25/28/32 precincts in Harlem. I live in a 6 floor walk up so I have amazing reception of my home precincts. I'm located in between the 25/28/32 and the 26/30 precincts in central Harlem right at the east and west side divide, so I get the best of every call especially in the summer.

I am attempting to run the feed using cable 62 to an CDM1550ls to a dell xpr laptop that's running windows 10.
The problem is the radio only broadcast static. And I am unsure why?
The funny thing is that I can hear the muted mdc tones clear but the voice is complete static.

The APX 7000 is my baby. I get great reception on vhf and uhf, I don't carry it outside much, but I put it on my night stand until I fall asleep. And once and a while take it out to riverside park.

Small but working shack.
8f02ca98073131a3dcb0ac0d33a60902.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

How are you making an audio connection to the radio? You do know the CDM speaker amp is a balanced arrangement that requires an isolation transformer to connect to an unbalanced load like a sound card. You can damage the radio if you ground either of the speaker leads.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Ubbe

Cable 62, is that taking the low line level signal from the radio? But it sounds as if it's still too much for the computer. You'll need to attenuate the signal or try to change the line in setting on your computer to match the level from the radio.

/Ubbe

scottyhetzel

Use a russound speaker level to line level converter $20 bucks. You will need a rca stereo to 3.5 mm stereo to introduce into computer as line level. The more money option is adjustable preamp.

Ubbe

You are using the correct cable. Check that you do not use "mic in" on computer, use the blue "line in" and adjust the level by right clicking on the loudspeaker symbol and choose recording.

/Ubbe

s-l500.jpg

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
3f8f0f59a70b87b1cfbbc9aed14055cf.jpg

This is an updated photo of the Harlem shack and broadcastify feed radio.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Great copy here in Florida! The audio levels of the voters seems to jump around a bit. Sometimes a very hot signal, other-times very weak, I guess NYPD is doing some deferred maintenance in anticipation of their next system? Also seems to be a lot of stuck mike problems.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
It's an aftermarket uhf antenna until the APX OEM antenna gets here Monday.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
There seems to be at least 2 hours of open mic time collective a day. It's ridiculous. They are improving on the system so they say. I've heard a lot of signal variation even from my APX.

Status
Not open for further replies.