Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District Dispatch Frequency

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Someone recently posted in the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association (CARMA) group that they are hearing Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District (Winnebago County) being dispatched on 155.0025 late at night. I can't find a current license in Winnebago County for 155.0025 in the FCC license database.

Does anyone know what frequency Harlem-Roscoe FPD is (was?) dispatched on? The Radio Reference database doesn't seem to specify.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I can't reply (and haven't been able to for years) to the CARMA group. Is the 155.0025, a currently known transmitter?

I see no mention of a PL/DPL tone (just the bomb robot reference). A tone would help cross-referencing input frequencies, etc.

Who is Harlem-Roscoe talking to? (a dispatch center or to their firehouse/local comm center?)

Also, one of the other frequencies that H-R has, listed as 156.275 Base/Mobile, is also a repeater with 158.97 possible as the input.

H-R Fire also has some possible remote links...
  • WQYY534 for unknown use
    • 453.6125 18wt Base/Mobile (NFM) at Harlem Roscoe Fire Building in Roscoe
    • 453.5250 18wt Base/Mobile (NFM) at Norman Ave in Machesney Park
    • 453.1500 18wt Base/Mobile (NFM) at Harambe High School in Machesney Park

So, either an input is coming into a another repeater, or a output is coming into another repeater, or possibly a remote link.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Its Rockford FAO to HR Tac 1, bleeding over into a repeater that outputs on 155.0025. The repeater is CSQ, theres CW ID on it
FWIW, CW IDs are usually transmitted in carrier squelch so the repeater users don't have to listen to it. It would seem to be kinda unusual to find an analog public safety repeater that doesn't use PL/DPL for passing traffic.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Post deleted. I thought that the input (153.7925) to the 155.0025 McBain, MI FD repeater matched that of the 155.4375 Harlem-Roscoe FPD repeater. It doesn't. The H-R FD repeater is shown as having a 158.8125 input. It's the South Lake County CERT 155.0025 repeater that also has the same 153.7925 input as the McBain, MI FD repeater. Sorry for the error.

Back to the drawing board..... :rolleyes:

Last edited: