Harnett County's new rescue codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan0530

I was wondering when Harnett Central started using codes to dispatch rescue? Instead of dispatching in plain English they use codes such as 21Delta2. Anyone know where I can also find a list of these codes? Thanks.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Welcome aboard

Those are codes used or Priority Medical Dispatch.

Every county in the state are using them.

If I am not mistaking, each county is different.

I do know that the following is the same for most counties

Alpha Routine Response
Bravo Emergency Slow Response
Delta Emergency Life & Death Response
Echo Emergency Response (Usually reserved for Cardiac Arrest, Gun Shot Wound)
Omega Non-Emergency Scheduled Response

Most counties with the exception of a few usually don't dispatch first responders on Alpha and Omega calls unless lifting assistance is needed.

Then there is one county in the state, that does not even use the term Alpha Response. Everything is Bravo or higher.

I do know in Mecklenburg a code 10 is dispatched as a Delta 10, which is a Chest Pain call.

The new priority dispatch is strange. I am from the old school either a call is routine or emergency.

If I knew where to find a list of the different codes I would be more than glad to pass them alone.

Hope this helps

David

Drafin

If I knew where to find a list of the different codes I would be more than glad to pass them alone.

Hope this helps

David

If you click on the link I provided there is a link inside the old thread with the generic training EMD dispatch codes and a link for Wake County. Most agencies around here tend to use some variation of those.

Draf

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If you click on the link I provided there is a link inside the old thread with the generic training EMD dispatch codes and a link for Wake County. Most agencies around here tend to use some variation of those.

Draf

Draf is correct.
Most agencies use a version of the above EMD codes.
The general codes are the same with minor variances here and there.
Marshall KE4ZNR

fcfd988

Feed Provider
Welcome aboard

Those are codes used or Priority Medical Dispatch.

Every county in the state are using them.

David

Every county in the state DOES NOT use them. In Forsyth County we use APCO EMD, not Priority Medical Dispatch. I am very thankful we do not use this system.

APCO's EMD program is simpler to use and allows for more customization so the agency can tailor the program to better mesh with local protocols.

With the APCO program, we use no dispatch codes, only plain English.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.