Harper Woods Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
Wild Police Chase Shuts Down West I-94 || WXYZ.com | WXYZ-TV / Detroit | Detroit News, Weather, Sports and More

Scanner audio from MPSCS Statewide 2 talkgroup - YouTube - Harper Woods Foot Pursuit 11/17/09

VIDEO IN NEWS LINK

The freeway was closed because of a wild police chase that ended when the suspect rolled his Toyota Corolla near 8 Mile. He then ran up the embankment and disappeared into a nearby neighborhood.

Police say the suspect was involved in an undercover drug deal that went bad. They say he ran from the scene after pulling a gun on an officer. A gun was found in the car when officers searched it.

The suspect, who is in his 20s, was captured at about 9:00 p.m. in a park near where his car crashed. Officers used canine units and a helicopter to track him down. The neighborhood was locked down and residents were not allowed to go home until he was captured.

Last edited:

freqs

It was busy over here . U C from Shelby Twp .But I heard something on Sterling Hgts UC tg just before the chace related to get with Roseville .They had MSP on the ground and in the air Roseville /Harper woods/ Shores PD just about all pd from that area out on that chase .One thing I found interesting was the MSP dipatcher said he patched in all cars from The east- west - metro area all on one talk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.