Harris announces another multiband radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
But WTF??? They haven't shown a real live working prototype or even a photograph or even a photograph or mock up or anything.........

I requested the literature and got a nice folder full of half faces of firefighters.

so far I'm not impressed.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
This is good timing with people complaining about Motorola leaving out 450MHz on the new APX-7000.
The people complaining were just too lazy to read all the documentation.

If you take a good look at Motorola's APX literature, you'll see that they plan on releasing other bands. The VHF/800Mhz combo is the first model released.

prcguy

Harris has other multiband hand helds like the 30-512MHz PRC-152 that have been in the field for some time now. They also have a small 30MHz to 2GHz manpack that I have seen at several military radio shows. They are also the premier supplier of HF/VHF/UHF tactical radios to the US military, all the other suppliers are looking kind of pale in comparison. You probably guessed I am a big fan of Harris radios by now.
prcguy
But WTF??? They haven't shown a real live working prototype or even a photograph or even a photograph or mock up or anything.........

I requested the literature and got a nice folder full of half faces of firefighters.

so far I'm not impressed.

PJH

Database Admin
Database Admin
Your leaving out Thales, which has a very large presence in the military market, including their MITBR portable which covers the 30-512 range as well...both in military and civilian verisons.

All Harris had at APCO was a plastic shell with two battery's powering a fake display.

At least Thales has a working portable, and with Motorola not too far behind for a full spectrum portable and mobile.

Mr_Observer

The people complaining were just too lazy to read all the documentation.

If you take a good look at Motorola's APX literature, you'll see that they plan on releasing other bands. The VHF/800Mhz combo is the first model released.
Agreed. The APX UHf radio is yet to be released to sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.