Harris Corp and DOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"The Department of Defense will use the AN/VRC-104 radio system to provide reliable, secure beyond line-of-sight terrestrial communications for this new class of armored vehicle," explains Steve Marschilok, president, Department of Defense Business, Harris RF Communications. "Beyond line-of-sight communications - such as HF and tactical satellite -- are essential in Afghanistan because of its mountainous terrain
http://tinyurl.com/yjqc547

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I've always been a big fan of the AN/PRC 117F. I really got a kick out of it the time I used it driving down one of the MSR's in Iraq and was able to get ahold of Naval Special Warfare Center in California. Very impressed.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
I think they were about $40K each. We got a couple of them. Haven't got to play with it yet. I was just in awe of holding a radio that costs more than most cars!

If I recall correctly, it's like the Predator... it'll transmit video, but unencrypted! :)

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
I know what you mean. I was in charge of 8 PRC-117's that ran at 36K a piece. I think in 9 months we had broken just about everyone, and would have to send them off to Harris Techs in Balad.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
But...but...damn I want one! Maybe next christmas,lol!
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.