Harris County Texas Motorola Type II SmartZone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotornator

I am having issues with missed responses on my BCD996XT. The system I am monitoring is the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Type II SmartZone. I have been listening to the Tomball Tower site # 002 (02) for a long time and have programmed all associated frequencies into my scanner. But I still occasionally miss replies and responses and I have confirmed this with another radio side by side mine. The only thing I can think of is that there is a frequency or two missing from the Radio Reference database. Is there any way you can check just to make sure all the frequencies for this site are updated in your database? Thank you very much for your assistance!!! :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Since you are getting some of the traffic, you are of course getting the control channel. Since the 996XT should (I would guess) be in CCh Only mode by default, it should not care if you have all the channels listed in the lineup. The possibility that comes to mind that you might have something wrong in the band plan section, since the re-band happened, that is causing this missing some of the channel assignments.

Have you locked onto one (active) TG and seen this same thing?

DickH

... I still occasionally miss replies and responses ...

I'm surprised it's only occasionally, because half of those 14 freqs. can not be tracked without new band plans being put into your scanner.
If that's the case you should be seeing strange freqs. showing up, like; 862.5625, 862.9625, 863,2375, 863,5625, 863.6375, 863.9750, 864.0875 and 864.9375.

Last edited:

Rotornator

I don't think it's a rebanding issue because I got Uniden to walk me through the new input and I double checked it with the info provided on this site. My scanner is not in CCO mode, but in the old school programming all the freqs mode. Maybe I'll try CCO mode and see how that works.

W6KRU

I don't think it's a rebanding issue because I got Uniden to walk me through the new input and I double checked it with the info provided on this site. My scanner is not in CCO mode, but in the old school programming all the freqs mode. Maybe I'll try CCO mode and see how that works.

The XT models are control channel only mode. There is no provision for non-CCO operation.

DickH

What is "new input"?
Do you see any of those 862, 863 & 864 freqs. I listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.