• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris Momentum Repeater and Handheld Uhf I want to convert to Hytera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke3jp

I have a Harris Momentum Repeater UHF HD-RU1B and Handheld Uhf model hd-pfu1b or HDP-150 I want to convert to Hytera. Are there any documented procedures on how to do this
I have searched and came up with nothing Thanks for any input Mike

N4KVE

I purchased a HDP-150, but it had already been converted to work on Hytera CPS. It was FW 4.00.10.001 from the factory. It now has Hytera FW 7. something. My friend who works for Hytera tried to convert a new Harris to work with Hytera CPS a few years ago, & even with the Depot CPS that was available to him, he said the newer FW models could not be converted. So what FW does your HT have?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I did the conversion on yours (and a few others since). Basically, the older the firmware the easier it was to do. After V5 firmware it got much more difficult. I've never done anything with a repeater however.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well.... it's not quite that simple. It's a matter of tricking the Hytera firmware updater to accept the Harris model #. This involves editing the firmware updater with Hytera model #s etc, which I've only done with certain versions and this was several years ago now. Plus I had the radio in hand to tinker with.

k8jss

Premium Subscriber
Well.... it's not quite that simple. It's a matter of tricking the Hytera firmware updater to accept the Harris model #. This involves editing the firmware updater with Hytera model #s etc, which I've only done with certain versions and this was several years ago now. Plus I had the radio in hand to tinker with.
Do you recall what edits were required? I'm hoping to convert a HDP150 as well.

W2AGP

I am also looking to upgrade the firmware of a Harris HDP150 and HDM150. What needs to be edited to get these radios to accept the Hytera firmware after wiping the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.