• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris P7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I have a Harris P7300 portable radio with limited keypad and the volume/channel knob are loose but channel knob is looser than the volume knob and was wondering what is the hex/torx screw number for the screw that is behind where the antenna goes so I can tighten up both knobs. Thank you

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thank you for your reply How do I go about to tighten them up?

overtheair

Is it loose as wobbles? If so the set screw might need tightening. Pull the knob off and there is a set screw there(at least for the channel selector, to tired to get a good grip on the volume knob to get it off :) ). If that does not help for the channel selector it might be the mechanical part itself. The manual states 1.27mm hex but I was able to unscrew mine with the same t5. It does not state anything that I have found yet for the volume button. Apparently at some point the 7300's did not come with the mechanical stop installed and had to be done when received. Imagine doing that for 1k+ radios.

edit* I found a ebay listing with a missing volume knob(lol). It had a few images and just happen to have a shot of the backside which is where the set screw was shown as, assuming the volume is currently in off position. It looks like the same size as the one for the channel selector.

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Is it loose as wobbles? If so the set screw might need tightening. Pull the knob off and there is a set screw there(at least for the channel selector, to tired to get a good grip on the volume knob to get it off :) ). If that does not help for the channel selector it might be the mechanical part itself. The manual states 1.27mm hex but I was able to unscrew mine with the same t5. It does not state anything that I have found yet for the volume button. Apparently at some point the 7300's did not come with the mechanical stop installed and had to be done when received. Imagine doing that for 1k+ radios.

edit* I found a ebay listing with a missing volume knob(lol). It had a few images and just happen to have a shot of the backside which is where the set screw was shown as, assuming the volume is currently in off position. It looks like the same size as the one for the channel selector.

That helped! I got both of them tighten now. I may order a new volume and channel knob to replace the old ones. Yeah, Loose as in wobbles especially the channel knob if I push slowly to the left the channel knob moves I am not sure if its suppose to do that but I made sure I tighten them both. I stopped after four turns but I can still turn the set screw on the channel knob but I am not sure if I need to keep tighten them up or its suppose to be tighten but some what loose to turn the knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.