Harris radios for LatAm countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdcook13165

Made in the USA

There has also been a $5 million order from the Polish Army for the AN/PRC-117G Falcon III manpack.
All of these radios are made in the USA at the Harris RF Division plant in Rochester, NY.
In the spirit of full disclosure, yes, I am a manufacturing technician at Harris, but my point is that these foreign orders, and an increase of orders from the US DoD, have helped us hire more people, including veterens like me.

...these foreign orders, and an increase of orders from the US DoD, have helped us hire more people, including veterens like me.
I am pleased to read about an American employed in technology and manufacturing - especially a vet! :D A heartfelt thank you for your service.

mancow

Database Admin
mdcook... Know of any tips to drop the bottom rang of an RF5800HH below 30 megs for 10 meter ops?

mdcook13165

Since, at least according to my reference chart, 30 MHz has a wave length of 10 meters, why do you want to modify the radio?
Also, the frequency ranges are determined by a combination of hardware and software and no one outside of the factory is going to change that.

mancow

Database Admin
10 meter ham is the 29 Mhz area. I would love to be able to eek out a few more kHz and get it down to 29.6 which is the calling frequency. I'm sure the hardware can do it. I've never heard of synthesized radio that can't go at least 400 kHz outside it's rated range. I assume it's a firmware limit that could be edited with the right tools. I didn't think it would get me anywhere but thought I would take a chance and ask.

I once asked in a similar thread at the Batlabs forum but was promptly told by the enlightened folks there that there is no point in asking because nobody has one of them anyway. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.