Harris scanning Pinellas/Hillsborough County missing transmissions

prcguy

<<Cowthief enters the chat >>

Hello.
You forgot to add "the Yaesu VX-7R was designed for UN communications and will scan all known trunking systems as well as talk on them......"

I've never had to program trunking on a Harris from scratch but will be adding a system in the near future. I suspect I'll need a lot of help.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Its not hard, just different. TGIDs in Decimal instead of Hex, typing in repeater input frequencies instead of outputs... stuff like that. As I typed that, I realized it might be different in RPM2, i am speaking of RPM1

prcguy

Its not hard, just different. TGIDs in Decimal instead of Hex, typing in repeater input frequencies instead of outputs... stuff like that. As I typed that, I realized it might be different in RPM2, i am speaking of RPM1
I've never programmed trunking in any radio except a police scanner with its automated software. And the system I'm looking at is huge with multi sites and lots of users where I only want to hear one user.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the correct bandplan, then you can get the site information/frequencies/TGs here obviously. On a Harris, you want to uncheck the Transmit box under P25T group options when you enter in the TG. When you make the system/sites, set Affiliation to "never" and you are good to go.

If you want the radio to roam, set the system to enhanced CC under Roaming. If you want to lock it to a specific site, you would set it to 'fixed proscan' and in the top left, specify RFSS, Site ID and Site NAC. If the site NAC is incorrect, it will skip it and not RX. Unitrunker or similar can get the NAC if it isnt on the site info here.

CanesFan95

If the radio is displaying a constant "CC SCAN", does that mean the NAC is incorrect?

No. CC SCAN (Control Channel Scan) means the radio is scanning through the system frequencies you programmed in. CC SCAN means it hasn't locked on/found the control channel yet.

Tomcu96

I recommend looking up the control and alt channel for the info on the talkgroup I think some of them are E or PE. then you can go check it out on the radio reference page under the counties you can check and see if there is an emergency management or the FEMA can be found under federal

Thomaspj2

Premium Subscriber
The system is far from dead. Several agencies still operate on it, and all of the Tampa traffic still broadcasts out over it.

Another thing to note is that the control channels hop on both the Hillsborough EDACS and P25 systems. You would want to make sure all frequencies are programmed in.
Can you elaborate on the control channels hopping? Thanks