• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris System Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Hey Everyone,
got a little bit of an issue, I am trying to program in the new Reno-Washoe County system in my G4, I triple and quadruple checked that ALL the channels were in, SYSID and WACN were correct and talk groups were programmed in properly.

however upon reboot, the system shows out of range and no matter what it won't lock on, I've had this happen when I had the SYSID and WACN programmed wrong in other areas, I also programmed a known 800mhz conventional frequency in the thought there might be something wrong with my radio but it works

any Ideas (See Screenshots) Here is the database entry - Washoe County Simulcast Trunking System, Reno, Nevada - Scanner Frequencies

Thanks in advance

2020-10-18_19-28-04.png
2020-10-18_19-28-31.png
2020-10-18_19-29-08.png

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I’ll bet the database has an incorrect RFSS. Change the RFSS and Site to FF’s to double check. Same for the WACN. It will display the correct ones once is locks on to the control channel.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Oh wait you said HARRIS. Program ALL the frequencies. Harris systems can use any channel as a control channel. Database is only showing 4 channels I’m sure there are a lot more judging by the amount of talkgroups. Check the FCC license.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
did that as well also concurrently monitoring on my SDS200 so it should work

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
did that as well also concurrently monitoring on my SDS200 so it should work

Your SDS200 should display the correct information, assuming you have the display set to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.