• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Harris XG-100P Channels per zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisasterGuy

The XG-100p has both conventional sets and talkgroup sets. It also supports mixing sets into what it calls zones. It supports at least several hundred items per set/zone however this is not done through a continuous operating dial. Instead you have a 16 position selector knob and an A/B/C switch. If you exceed 48 items in the set you then use a menu operation to get to 49-96, 97-144, etc.

Is one set or zone called the Mission Plan? When you have over a 100 channels per zone that one zone is called the Mission plan right. Can you mixed UHF and VHF in one zone? If someone can help me understand please.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
I can answer your first question, you can have up to 1024 unique frequencies in a system. There are zones in the Unity radios but they are not the same as Moto. Systems would be the equivalent to a Moto Zone i believe.

No idea on the Phase2 question, that would probably end up being a try-it-and-see test. I don't have one in front of me to try it with and the documentation doesn't really mention one way or the other. I'd suggest hitting the RPM helpfile hard and see what you can pull out of there, they have done a great job explaining just about every feature and how to implement it in the software.

Mission plans are entire personalities that can be changed at-will from the radios menu. You can have up to 10 mission plans, meaning your theoretical max frequencies goes up to 10,240 if you spread them over each one. But you can only operate one at a time.

Hope that helps some.

Thank you for the help. By 1024 unique frequencies do mean it can mix UHF and VHF freqs in one system. I have UHF in one set and VHF in anther and 800MHz in anther. I am so more used to Motorola radios and how they work than Harris radios.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Yes, you can program the sets up with any frequencies in the spectrum that it covers. Trunking systems are separate but talkgroups can be mixed in with conventional in Zones.

Thats neat thank you for answering all my questions.You have been a real help.If I think of anymore I will ask so far I think I am good right now. I can make a set of Federal Government VHF and UHF freqs in one set.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Yep, that is the gist of it!

In Harris software, you have Conventional Sets and Group Sets for conventional frequencies and trunked groups respectively. Each one is tied to its own System in the radio. A system is just a set of parameters that define either the conventional set or the trunking system.

Conventional sets (in the Unity) can be any frequency the radio supports in any order. So you can have what your list shows plus some 7/800Mhz too if you want.

Group sets only contain GIDs for the trunked system defined by the system. It can't have any conventional sets in it.

Zones are unique in that they allow you to pull conventional sets and groups sets together to make a Zone list. So you would define all your conventional and group sets, then pluck from those lists to make a Zone. The Zone list is what the knob on the top of the radio actually scrolls thru, so because of that, you can have a P25 group right next to a conventional channel and another group from a different system next to that. How well does it scan like that? I have no idea, but I can't imagine it would work all the well considering the time it takes to scan the conventional channel, find and lock onto the P25 control channel, listen for a bit and then move on to another conv channel. But your mileage may vary, depends on how you set it up!

Hope that is a more thorough explanation.

Last edited:

DisasterGuy

As mentioned, zones let you pick anything already in the mission plan and put it in a single spot.

If you want to mix conventional analog and conventional P25 in the same system, you will want to put all those frequencies into a single Conventional P25 set and simply mark the analog frequencies as such.

Also as mentioned previously, mission plans are nothing but additional personalities that the radio can store. For >75% of applications there is no need to have more than one mission plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can have this for an example.

Federal Government:
Selector A:
406.700 P25
169.575 P25
408.2125 P25

so on and so on.

Is that what it would look like?

Do you mean like this but with conventional UHF and VHF still in one set.

Federal Government:
Selector A:
406.700 P25
169.575 P25
408.2125 P25
408.8125 P25
461.325 114 DPL
460.050 100.0 PL
460.250 173.8 PL
460.325 100.0 PL
154.145 100.0 PL

Do you mean like this?

DisasterGuy

Yes, you could include all of them in a single P25 Conventional Set. You would just kit the check box to make each analog freq analog.

I also had another question. How would you put a Motorola Type IIi Hybrid system in. Would you put the freqs in the one set with the 7/800 Mhz P25 freqs and VHF and UHF freqs or a different set.

DisasterGuy

No radio (other than Motorola and certain EF Johnson) will work on a Motorola 3600bps trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.